Rules to Follow When Sniping in Call of Duty: United Offensive

justin1552

Hurr Durr
Not many of you may not play United Offensive now that Call of Duty 4 is out, but if you do, this could prove useful out in the field.

*Note: These tactics mainly apply to the multiplayer map Foy, but can also be applied to other maps as well. *

1. After you get a confirmed kill, reload, that one bullet may save your life.

2. Move quick, and move quiet. Crouching is usually best to maintain silence.

3. Use your surroundings to your advantage. (If you are American and there is a dead allied body, move under it so it looks as though you are dead. If you are German you can use that and use the bushes and trees that match your white clothing.)

4. Shoot and move. (Fire your shot, if you miss, do not relocate, usually it takes two shots for the enemy to find your location. If you make the kill, move to a different position, try to have a view of where your old location was; the enemy may think you are still there.)

5. If your target is moving, lead him. (The farther away he is, the more you lead him.)

6. Use darkened areas to your advantage. (If you are in a building with low lighting, there are a few in Foy, go prone and wait, the enemy will have trouble seeing you.)

7. Go prone when trying to take a shot; your crosshairs will move less.

8. Patience is key. It may take a while, but the enemy will come.

9. Be aware of your location. What you think is safe now may not be in a few seconds.

10. You have sound for a reason, even the tiniest gunshot can be used to your advantage, and so can your compass.

11. Leaning is your best friend. It makes you a smaller target and allows you to see the enemy with much less danger.

12. You have a secondary weapon slot for a reason. Try to fill it up with a sub machinegun or an assault weapon. If playing in Foy, and Mp44, Mp40, Thompson, and BAR are the best choices.

13. If secondary weapon is not available, use your pistol.

Good Luck and Happy Sharpshooting. :sniper:

I don't... I'll try that.

UPDATE: now it works, but whenever i post something in user name, a bunch of 8s appear after it. so, in example:

Username: Sniper FoXX888888888888888888888

could someone explain that?

Last edited:
is united offensive online? or do you buy the software... i have call of duty 1 for the pc....the other 2 for the ps2

is united offensive online? or do you buy the software... i have call of duty 1 for the pc....the other 2 for the ps2

Call of Duty: United Offensive is an expansion pack to Call of Duty 1 for the PC. You buy the United Offensive game separate, once you install it as long as you have an internet connection you can go on multiplayer mode. But I suggest you play Single Player first.

Back