Rugby World Cup 2012

--

September 7th, 2011  
mmarsh

Topic: Rugby World Cup 2012

Time for a REAL contact sport, The Rugby World Cup starts this Weekend...

All you fans of the Springbok, All Blacks, Wallabies, Les Bleues, supporters of Saint George (you England fans need to find a cooler name), et al better be getting ready.

Oh and the USA is in it too, just thought I'd mention it

Any Predictions, thoughts, etc...
September 7th, 2011  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
Time for a REAL contact sport, The Rugby World Cup starts this Weekend...

All you fans of the Springbok, All Blacks, Wallabies, Les Bleues, supporters of Saint George (you England fans need to find a cooler name), et al better be getting ready.

Oh and the USA is in it too, just thought I'd mention it

Any Predictions, thoughts, etc...
Meh, I kind of hope the French win this one well basically I will be ok as long as England or Wales don't win it.
September 8th, 2011  
Del Boy

Patience - Still savouring being top of the cricket world here.
--
September 8th, 2011  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy
Patience - Still savouring being top of the cricket world here.
Sadly while Englands cricket team may be the the best and deservedly so your rugby team is about as exciting as a 5 day test to watch and for it to win a rugby world cup would be a blight upon the game from which it would never recover.

As for the Welsh I just get tired of them bleating on about how good they are when their only real tactic against the All Blacks seems to consist of complaining about the haka then falling over on the field.
oh and Warren Gatland is a twat of epic proportions.

For the record when it comes to cricket I a West Indian supporter and I am picking Australia to win this world cup.
September 8th, 2011  
headwards

Ah come on Monty you can't really be backing the French!? I suppose win or lose it will be an awesome atmosphere but it would be great to win.
I'm really interested to go check out the viaduct, though I get the feeling it will be busy enough to make a Saturday night in town look like an easy place to buy a beer!
September 8th, 2011  
MontyB

Actually I like French rugby, they are a very dynamic (albeit random) team so if I had to choose anyone other than New Zealand to win it I hope it is the French.

Basically the last thing the sport needs is another dour "kick all our points" team like the English or the South Africans to win it as it sets the sport back decades in terms of its development.
September 8th, 2011  
headwards

Yea a final decided by field goals would be disappointing, I guess we will know after the first few games if that's how its going to go.
I'm backing New Zealand, its definitely about time the All Blacks step up and win the world cup!
September 8th, 2011  
MontyB

Yeah but the problem will remain the same for the All Blacks in that that they only ever focus on the final and sleep through the rest of the competition, I am actually hoping they lose to France in the pool matches and get shipped to the other side of the competition which is a much easier run to the final (think it would work out as England in the quarters and Aussie in the Semis).
September 9th, 2011  
MontyB

Ok this one is for Del Boy as outside the Kiwi's on this forum I doubt anyone else will understand it.

Webb Ellis

But something to remember in all this is that win or lose as long as New Zealand make the quarter finals they will still be the worlds number one ranked team after the Rugby World Cup, that is how consistent the All Blacks are.

Anyway enjoy the video I think it is damn funny and extremely well done and best of all at 1:32 is the greatest moment in world rugby.
September 9th, 2011  
mmarsh

The French are good this year...but against the All Blacks.

My hearts on France, but my money is on NZ.