RPG Defense, Stryker Style

--

February 6th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Topic: RPG Defense, Stryker Style

Yea Yea, yall now Ive already jumped on the Stryker bandwagon, but we are seeing some promising news from Iraq out of this vehicle. In particular is it's "cage" defense, which is proving to stop RPG rounds from causing major damage. For More info, check out this article...

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Feb2...200402031.html
February 6th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: Good.

Yes, we had to use slate armor on M113s....They are all so very volnrable.
March 30th, 2004  
rlbush

Topic: Fantastic!

I saw a segment on FoxNews a few weeks ago and they showed a few Strykers there and I was impressed with the cage design they employ. I wonder if a similar design could be implemented with other vehicles.
--
April 1st, 2004  
cryhavoc

A double layer of chain link fence does about the same thing. It works better if spaced 2-3" apart. Cost is a hole lot less but we used it in the 80's on a Special Weapons site I worked at.
April 1st, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: dosent really

Dosent really matter, as long as it makes the shaped/hoolow charge fo of, then the hot gas and shrapnel jet losses some of its energy on the way between the cage and the haul of the vhiecle....
April 5th, 2004  
soilder79936

so what will happen to the rpg will it bounce off or blow up in impact with the stryker getting no damage
April 10th, 2004  
army jrotc boy

is it true theres some frequency that makes grenade explode?
if its possible wouldn't it be simple to pull all the soldiers out and blast the frequency into the town "neutralizing" all dirty bombs and grenades?

yea i've been reading alot of sci fi books
April 13th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Here's a nice picture.

April 13th, 2004  
soilder79936

SWEET
April 13th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: hmmm

Quote:
is it true theres some frequency that makes grenade explode?
if its possible wouldn't it be simple to pull all the soldiers out and blast the frequency into the town "neutralizing" all dirty bombs and grenades?