Royal Canadian Air Cadets - Page 2

--

September 17th, 2004  
echo

The name sounds familiar, but Im not totally positive!
November 19th, 2004  
Upheaval

Heh, I was thinking about that stuff at the orienteering comp this year...saw some private and went "so they get authority and LAC's don't? o.o" since they're junior NCM's?

But yeah, I still can't compare the ranks between air and navy Ranks of the navy are too long >_>
November 19th, 2004  
Trevor

Well, orientiering is probably one of the main PO's taught in army cadets, even though we do learn it and use it very much in the air element, it's not considered as one of the most important PO's taught. So, for that particular exercise, an army cadet private (even though he/she has no authority) would have some seniority over an LAC, even though the ranks are equivilant. It would be the same as if the army cadets came to an air cadet exercise and were learning aircrew survival, an LAC would have seniority over an army cadet private, because of the knowledge he/she pertains.

Quote:
But yeah, I still can't compare the ranks between air and navy Ranks of the navy are too long >_>
I'm thinking you're talking army cadets, and not sea cadets, since there are no sea cadet privates (equivilant would be able cadet)
--
November 19th, 2004  
pimp_squeak

Sea cadet ranks were only confusing while they had QP2, one they got rid of that it was much easier to understand. I miss Air Cadet survival weekends...As much as I love sailing it can't hold a candle to winter indoc weekends
November 19th, 2004  
Upheaval

Quote:
I'm thinking you're talking army cadets, and not sea cadets, since there are no sea cadet privates (equivilant would be able cadet)
Not exactly I was talking about sea cadets...and how their ranks were too long to remember. It had nothing to do with privates
November 19th, 2004  
Trevor

they only have onemore rank than air. Same with the army.