Was Royal behind a secret plot to use Nazi Rudolf Hess to topple Winston Churchill - Page 2

--

August 22nd, 2016  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by George
cancer tends to be harder to arrange!
You've missed the point. Is the Royal Family immune to cancer or have access to cures not available to the general public?
August 22nd, 2016  
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
You've missed the point. Is the Royal Family immune to cancer or have access to cures not available to the general public?
just saying aircraft accidents can be arraigned, cancer can't.
August 23rd, 2016  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by George
just saying aircraft accidents can be arraigned, cancer can't.
Yea OK
--
August 23rd, 2016  
JOC

Quote:
I'd bet my pension that there was a lot that went on during WW2 that will never be made public.

Of course there was. But the thought of a full fledged coup supported by the Polish Army in Exile is quite extreme. I think Britain had by this time seen that Germany would likely only attack by air and in a way they were safe for the time from ground attack, particularly after operation Barbarossa. I think Churchill was by and far to popular with the average Brit and they would not have supported any such coup. Hess's influence in the NAZI party was waning quickly from former #3 man on down. It was basically a lunatic stunt by Hess to bring him back into the parties favor by befriending the British. Note: he was immediately throw in prison was all it accomplished for him.
August 23rd, 2016  
George

Quote:
Yea OK
Just stirring the pudding, that's all!
August 24th, 2016  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOC
Of course there was. But the thought of a full fledged coup supported by the Polish Army in Exile is quite extreme. I think Britain had by this time seen that Germany would likely only attack by air and in a way they were safe for the time from ground attack, particularly after operation Barbarossa. I think Churchill was by and far to popular with the average Brit and they would not have supported any such coup. Hess's influence in the NAZI party was waning quickly from former #3 man on down. It was basically a lunatic stunt by Hess to bring him back into the parties favor by befriending the British. Note: he was immediately throw in prison was all it accomplished for him.
I read somewhere that a British Army Doctor examined Hess in Spandau prison and stated that the prisoner was not the real Hess.
August 24th, 2016  
JOC

Quote:
I read somewhere that a British Army Doctor examined Hess in Spandau prison and stated that the prisoner was not the real Hess.
Now don't get me started, (just kidding).
August 25th, 2016  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOC
Now don't get me started, (just kidding).
An American chap went to Russia to examine the skull that the Soviets declared belonged to Hitler, he managed to break off a small piece to take back to the US. After DNA testing it was found that the skull was female.

There has been a TV series here regarding "Did Hitler Die in 1945," quite interesting, it is believed he flew from Berlin into Spain where he boarded a U Boat to the Canary Isles, then to various towns in Argentina.

When I was a boy I remember people saying that they didn't believe Hitler was dead.

History can be quite fascinating.
August 25th, 2016  
George

Quote:
An American chap went to Russia to examine the skull that the Soviets declared belonged to Hitler, he managed to break off a small piece to take back to the US. After DNA testing it was found that the skull was female.

There has been a TV series here regarding "Did Hitler Die in 1945," quite interesting, it is believed he flew from Berlin into Spain where he boarded a U Boat to the Canary Isles, then to various towns in Argentina.

When I was a boy I remember people saying that they didn't believe Hitler was dead.

History can be quite fascinating.
I recall they found Hitler's JU-52 in South America some years ago. No explanation of how/when or other circumstances of its arrival.
August 25th, 2016  
I3BrigPvSk

If we speculate, was it possible for Hitler to fly to Spain from Berlin in the spring of 1945 in a German aircraft? The Germans must have used a captured west-allied aircraft for it. Could a German built aircraft fly from Berlin to Spain without refueling somewhere?

There is/was a British journalist who investigated Hitler's presence in Argentina and at the hotel Eden, owned by a German couple which were Nazi-sympathizers. If you search on YouTube about Hitler's potential survival and escape, you will find an interview with this British journalist.