ROTC Cadets in Action

I got dibs on their gear!!!!!!

Well, if that's the future generation that might lead our troops into harms way then at least I know that I'm still safe. Because as a former NCO, I know that butter bars don't lead. They just sit there all pretty getting paid.

This video is probably of Midshipmen (or Cadets) on their first summer cruise.

I don't know anything about the Army or AF, but in NROTC, you go on this thing called CORTRAMID in your first summer. You do one week with Aviation, Surface, Submarine, and the Marines. It's just one week with each, so of course you don't learn much, it's just a taste. So don't expect these guys to be uber elite soldiers the first time around.

That being said, I heard a lot of funny stories about people being really dumb like this last summer. One midshipman was whining about how they didn't get to try real grenades on the shooting range, but mere hours later he 'frags' himself with a smoke grenade accidentally during an exercise!

I guess we all had to start somewhere. I hate to think of some of our first created impressions upon the "old timers" :roll:

seen a lefty **** up throwing a frag upside down?

fun for all the family!

our instructor was a big south african guy who managed to bodily throw the recruit backwards out of the trench

Back