Rome Total War Barbarian Invasion

R:TW is a brilliant game, rushed and bugged here and there, but a great game.

The RTR mod was just undescribably excellent.

Now, Barbarian Invasion has a few good points, like new formations, and this and that. But really, I have yet to find many differences between this one and R:TR. Some bad points here and there as well, like the fact that eventhough you're one half of the Roman Empire, you don't have a map of the other half.

Don't get it, unless you can get it cheap or free.

man I think this game is awesome
I didnt get the expansion and I borrowed the game from a friend for a few days and it was pretty fun. I dont know why but I crashed every few hours so I didnt like how I had to save everytime..
I hav a weird prob crashing while playing TW series :(

yeah thats weird..sometimes the game just quits by itself and :shock: i am at the desktop again..but its a nice game afterall...

In RTW, i used to control the Scipii and Parthians, then the SPQR :shock:

In the expansion pack, I am currently controling the Huns 8)

I find the Western Roman Empire almost impossible on the expansion...maybe it's something I'm doing wrong....

well it is hard if u can notice, they say that they are hard..and yeah, I mean u begin the game with all those provinces! tricky

It appears that unit upkeep is the main factor of the deficit in teh Western Roman Empire. But you need the garrisons to maintain public order in the cities esp. in Hispania and Gaul...

I haven't the time to test it out yet, but would disbanding units and dismantling cities at the start, restricting Western Roman control to only Italy be possible to avoid going red in funds?

really havent tried that..but i think it will be fine..but also remember, that those settlement also do give u income..

the juili family is the most hardest I heard because most northern part is based on farm and little villages that suck with little trade and not much resourses

the other 2 are the most easiest as the land they take over are near sea, easy trade and has high income.. Its like the right to print money.. I had like 300k deficit or so before i beat the game.. and your so rich u can bribe during the civil war..

oh..its just simple modifications..not like the hectic ones. Anyways, what game u got so I can help.. change the money and stuff

I got it and even though my internet at home is fubar .
I have played as alot of the people but I have a stupid addiction to adding money to my income....mainly because I want to have a big army and instead of waiting to conquer I just add money...
The best way to earn money is to sell map information and trade rights....
then look for the real expensive units and disband them...I beleive one of the romans start off with 3 different units averaging at 1000 denarri a peice with is insane...look for provinces that are not likely to be attacked and disband the garrisons and replace them with peasants. after the first few turns you should be able to start raking in mad proffits.

my 2 denarri

Back