reports of chemical weapons fired at Israel




 
--
Boots
 
June 29th, 2006  
Blackwatch
 
 

Topic: reports of chemical weapons fired at Israel


interesting and stupid by *******s that want to play civilized and responsible to run a country:

GAZA (Reuters) - A spokesman for gunmen in the Gaza Strip said they had fired a rocket tipped with a chemical warhead at Israel early on Thursday.
The Israeli army had no immediate comment on the claim by the spokesman from the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, an armed wing of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah movement.
The group had recently claimed to possess about 20 biological warheads for the makeshift rockets commonly fired from Gaza at Israeli towns. This was the first time the group had claimed firing such a rocket.
"The al-Aqsa Brigades have fired one rocket with a chemical warhead" at southern Israel, Abu Qusai, a spokesman for the group, said in Gaza.


An Israeli military spokeswoman said the army had not detected that any such rocket was fired, nor was there any report of such a weapon hitting Israel.
June 29th, 2006  
5.56X45mm
 
 
If chemical weapons are fired at Israel, the folks that fired those chemical weapons are ****ed big time.
June 29th, 2006  
Easy-8
 
 
Using WMDs against a nation which has a shit load more firepower than yours is very foolish..
--
Boots
July 1st, 2006  
phoenix80
 
 
Syria is involved?
July 27th, 2006  
Easy-8
 
 
Israel Won't Launch Wider Offensive
Associated Press | July 27, 2006

JERUSALEM - Israel's government decided Thursday against expanding its offensive against Hezbollah but called up at least 30,000 troops to begin training for duty in Lebanon. Meanwhile, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said "intensive efforts" were being undertaken to free a captive Israeli soldier.


Abbas had been quoted by an official Italian translator at a news conference in Rome as saying there could be an "imminent solution" for the release of Cpl. Gilad Shalit, who was captured June 25. The remarks were translated from Arabic into Italian.

However, according to an Associated Press translation, Abbas said that intense negotiations were under way to free the soldier.
"I have told the prime minister regarding the issue of the captured soldier that we are undertaking intensive efforts to end this as soon as possible," he said at the news conference. He referred to Italian Premier Romano Prodi, who was standing next to him.

It was the capture of Shalit on June 25 by Hamas-linked militants in the Gaza Strip that prompted Israel to launch its offensive in Gaza.
The decision by the Israeli Cabinet not to expand the Lebanon offensive came as Israel's Justice minister said that world leaders, in failing to call for an immediate cease-fire during a Rome summit, gave Israel a green light to push harder to wipe out the Lebanese guerrillas.

The high-level conference of key Mideast players in Rome ended Wednesday in disagreement: Most European leaders urged an immediate cease-fire but the United States was willing to give Israel more time to punish Hezbollah and ensure an international peacekeeping force can move into south Lebanon.

"We received yesterday at the Rome conference permission from the world .... to continue the operation, this war, until Hezbollah won't be located in Lebanon and until it is disarmed," Israeli Justice Minister Haim Ramon told Israel's Army Radio.

"Everyone understands that a victory for Hezbollah is a victory for world terror," said Ramon, believed to be close to Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert.

The European Union said Thursday that Ramon's interpretation of the Rome meeting result was "totally wrong," and that Mideast hostilities should stop now.

President Bush, however, declined to criticize Israel's tactics against Hezbollah and sharply condemned of Iran's role in the bloody conflict. Iran and Syria are Hezbollah's key backers.

"Hezbollah attacked Israel. I know Hezbollah is connected to Iran," Bush said tersely in Washington. "Now is the time for the world to confront this danger."

Meanwhile, al-Qaida threatened new attacks in response to Israel's offensive, its first comment on fighting now in its third week. Israeli jets pounded suspected Hezbollah positions across Lebanon on Thursday, as guerrilla rockets continued to hit northern Israel.

The videotape by Osama bin Laden deputy Ayman al-Zawahri also was the first sign the terror network aimed to exploit Israel's two-pronged offensive - against Hezbollah in Lebanon and Hamas-linked militants in Gaza - to rally Islamic militants.

"We cannot just watch these shells as they burn our brothers in Gaza and Lebanon and stand by idly, humiliated," al-Zawahri said, adding that "all the world is a battlefield open in front of us."

"The war with Israel does not depend on cease-fires. ... It is a jihad (holy war) for the sake of God and will last until (our) religion prevails ... from Spain to Iraq," he said. "We will attack everywhere."

Israel launched attacks in Gaza after Palestinian Hamas-linked militants there snatched an Israeli soldier on June 25. As that conflict raged, Hezbollah grabbed two soldiers in a July 12 cross-border raid, sparking Israel's massive assault on Lebanon.

So far, 17 days of bombardment and recent, intense ground fighting have been unable to stop Hezbollah rocket attacks. The Israeli military warned Lebanese in the south Thursday that their villages would be "totally destroyed" if missiles are fired from them.

The warning, aired on Al-Mashriq radio, also told Lebanese not to use the road from Qleileh - near the Mediterranean coast - to Houlah in eastern Lebanon across the border from Israel's Kiryat Shmona.
Hezbollah has fired more than 1,400 rockets into Israel during the offensive, including 48 on Thursday.

Israeli airstrikes Thursday pounded roads and suspected Hezbollah residences in the south and east, as well as a Lebanese army base in the north, while artillery and warplanes barraged the border region where ground fighting continued.

With cease-fire efforts stalemated, U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said she was prepared to make a second tour of the Middle East but did not specify when.

"I am more than happy to go back," Rice said, if her efforts can "move toward a sustainable cease-fire that would end the violence." She spoke in Malaysia after attending the Rome conference. Rice held talks in Beirut and Jerusalem earlier in the week.

Meanwhile, a top Iranian envoy was in Syria for talks on the Israeli-Hezbollah conflict - a gathering of the Lebanese guerrilla's two key sponsors, according Kuwaiti and Iranian news reports.
Iran's Mehr news agency said Ali Larijani, secretary of Iran's Supreme National Security Council, was in Damascus for meetings on the crisis, but gave no other details. Similar reports were carried by the Iranian Labor News Agency and the Fars agency.

Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah was to take part in the meeting, which also will include Syrian President Hafez Assad, according to Kuwait's Al-Siyassah newspaper, known for its opposition to the Syrian regime.
It said the meeting was designed to discuss ways to maintain supplies to Hezbollah fighters with "Iranian arms flowing through Syrian territories."
During a session Thursday with Israel's security Cabinet, Olmert said the goals of Israel's offensive are being met, participants of the meeting said. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to disclose details of the discussion.

The ministers gave the army permission to call up three additional reserve divisions and get them battle ready should they be needed to refresh troops in Lebanon. But the large size of the mobilization - one division has 12,000 to 15,000 soldiers - raised questions about officials' insistence that they were not contemplating a wider offensive.

In his interview with Army Radio, Ramon also said the Israeli air force must bomb villages before ground forces enter, suggesting that this would help prevent Israeli casualties in the future.

Asked whether entire villages should be flattened, he said: "These places are not villages. They are military bases in which Hezbollah people are hiding and from which they are operating."

Thousands of civilians are believed to be trapped in villages across the border region in southern Lebanon, according to humanitarian officials. Americans who escaped a village near the epicenter of the ground fighting said Wednesday many U.S. citizens were still there.

The call for greater firepower came after Israel suffered its heaviest casualty toll in a single battle on Wednesday, with nine soldiers killed and 25 wounded in house-to-house fighting in Bint Jbail, a border town that Israeli troops have been trying for five days to wrest from Hezbollah guerrillas.

Across the south Thursday, Israeli airstrikes hit roads and houses, many believed to belong to Hezbollah activists. The houses were mostly deserted, but such strikes have caused casualties among nearby residents. A Lebanese policeman was killed when an Israeli missile struck his car as he drove in the eastern city of Zahle, security officials said.
Israeli jets carried out more than 30 bombing runs in the highland, apple-growing region of Iqlim al-Tuffah, striking empty houses of alleged Hezbollah activists. The strikes caused a number of casualties, but fighting kept ambulances and civil defense crews from the areas, security officials and witnesses said.

Other strikes hit the nearby southern market town of Nabatiyeh, wounding at least three people, officials said. A hit on a road in Rayak, a few miles from the Lebanese-Syrian border, wounded two soldiers and a civilian, the officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to make statements to the media.

At least 423 people have been killed in Lebanon - including 376 civilians reported by the Health Ministry and security officials. The deaths of soldiers Wednesday brought to 51 the number of Israelis killed in the campaign, according to the military.

Israel said Wednesday that it intends to damage Hezbollah and establish a "security zone" stretching 1.2 miles into Lebanon from the Israeli border, maintained by an international force. Free of guerrillas, such a zone would prevent Hezbollah from carrying out cross-border raids like the one that triggered the current offensive

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/...107290,00.html
July 27th, 2006  
Chief Bones
 
 

Topic: Like stink on shiite ......


Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
If chemical weapons are fired at Israel, the folks that fired those chemical weapons are ****ed big time.
Evidently they have forgotten what got American troops into Iraq in the first place ... the assertion that Saddam had massive stockpiles of WMD's and was an imminent threat not only against America ... but ... against countries in the region.

Because of that, you can chisel your comments on the side of Mt Sinai in hundred foot tall letters ... the rest of the free world will come down on the Al Aqsa Brigades like stink on shiite.
 


Similar Topics
Don't fault Israel for Palestinians' intransigence
WMD's found in Iraq
What If Iran Gets the Bomb? Good Analysis
Shaking hands with Sadam Hussein
Fallujah Chemical Weapons Lab Found