Reloading method

Joker

Hi,
I´ve found this picture in another Forum and was wondering about these hanging magazines.
I´ve seen a picture of a magazine that was loaded in a weapon that has such a long cord at the bottom so I´ve thought it´s a kind of selfmade "Magpull". But in this picture it looks like the magazines are empty.

So here is my guess:
It seems that these guy´s are at a "live fire exercice" (the guy with the red flag, thats typical for german ranges) where you can not throw away your empty mag because you may not find it again in the gras and small bushes so they put these long cords on the mag and you can hang them at your vest or arm instead of put them back into the pouch and lose a lot of time.

Any other suggestions or do you think I´m right??

gruppengefechtsschieence5.jpg

Greetz Joker

Last edited:
Ive used such things on an mp5.(although it wasnt live ammo.)
For us it was because we were civilians they didnt trust us not to lose empty mags and cost them not only the mags but the time wasted looking for them.
Maybe this is the same maybe not?

Looks like they don't want to lose he magazines. Must be a training thing on their ranges. Never done that here in the USA. Magpuls are a good tool to help pull out your magazines from their pouches. But you let gravity do the work for you when to swap out a magazine at least with the AR-15.

For a wepaon malfuction you do a tap/rack/rip. If the weapon jams, you tap the magazine making sure it is seated in right. If it still hasn't solved the issue you charge the weapon. And lastly if the you get a double feed, you lock open the weapon and realse the magazine. But most times the magazine won't drop because of a double feed so you rip it.

Back