Recruit Walter reporting for duty

RecruitWalterUSMC

Hello to anyone who cares. I bet you all care though. Who wouldn't? Feels good to have a place to talk about the Marines/military without hearing people tell me I'm crazy. Well, the scoop on me.... Female, 20 years old and I'm still working on getting my diploma. No, I'm not stupid, I just dropped out for a year and went through home school in Texas only to find out it was fake. So, I enrolled myself back into high school in Minnesota. I'm kicking my **** to get into the Marines. It's my life long goal to get into the military. I've already been through, what my dad likes to call "the flashlight phase." So, I'm just waiting for my diploma and then I go off to Paris Island for the time of my life. Well, glad to be here and happy to know that I'm not the only one as obsessed about the service as I am. Talk later to much of you I'm sure. Devil Dog out :twisted:
Walter

Welcome to the forums Walter. :)

And good luck with your future career, feel free to ask any questions you may have, I'm sure we have members here that can answer most of them.

8) Good to hear you're so enthusaiastic about the service. I think it'll encourage those who are deciding to have a military career.

I'm more than enthused. I'm obsessed. LOL. I'm not worried at all about anything. Only thing I'm worried about is the physical part but I know that they'll break me of my problems in boot. It's going to be painful. But pain I can handle. Some of it at least. :lol:

Usually, the pain thing is a secondary issue. To me, it was always a pride thing. No way I'd drop from a run if I saw someone I didn't like chuggin along. I would just set my mind to outlast him.

LOL, that's hillarious. Wait, there were people you didn't like? I hope I like everyone and everyone likes me. I'm usually really good with people. I have met people that enjoy my company 10 min. after they meet me. I love being around people. Last PT I went to they had me in front of the line when we were running because I'm one of the slower people :oops: . My motivation is other people. I don't want to let other people down so I work harder to help them feel better. Usually, it motivates me big time to have people there cheering me on. I get into this mode.... I just release myself. All my pain goes away and I push myself beyond my limmit. Of course I feel it big time later.

but females. You would think females would be more civilized. I don't think anything like that would bug me. I would just laugh. If I woke up to putting my feet in egg, I would laugh my ass off. My brother told me a story of his own. He said that he had to go pee really bad one time in boot and his DI wouldn't let him got so he pissed his pants right there. Everyone else who had to go went too. :roll: That's my brother

Well, thank you for the wise words. That could be a problem though because I'm a ver trusting person. I may have to work on changing that now. If you have any other suggestions for me let me know. Thanks. ;)

Welcome to the boards and good luck with your schooling and with the Marine Corps! I looked into the USMC, after the Major General Christoper Cortez sent me a letter. So I was pleased and contacted the recruiter myself.

Parris Island is going to be hard, all women and men east of the Mississippi go there. From talking with Marines and the recruiter who went enlisted after he admitted to me that he good at school -- well the partying ascept of it. LMAO.

You will not have co-ed platoons, like you would in the Army, the female DIs get into your faces but that's expected. Don't look at the other sex, when you do catch an eye of them, you won't see them much probably because you'll be on different schedules.

In fact, Sgt. Bradley, the recruiter here in town said that one of the men in his platoon during morning formation, actually snuck a look at the female recruits. Big no-no. Female DI noticed this, marched over and read him a riot act. Made him do push ups - in the mud - and as soon as she was done, their DI came out (a man) and gave the recruit even more hell!

They are a-holes or bullies in the military BUT there are also bullies down at your Subway and they could be making your next Cold Cut sub. So ignore them, there is going to be tons of a-holes, you've probably encountered a lot by now. I have. But you do your job and you'll get noticed.

You know - I'd contact your local recruiter and they are often in contact with several recruits who are now in the Marine Corps, ask them to put you into contact with a female Marine. It's probably best to talk to enlisted Marines because they're not going to BS you at all. Because they're not going to paint a rosey picture for you.

the thing here is that there is only one other female besides me that is shipping out the same day. We go to PT together. I don't think she's enlisted yet though because I haven't seen her at any pool functions. Only PT. She's cool. I think I'd get along pretty well with the other people. That's a funny story. I would love to hear that. I would be too afraid to look though. I was at the federal building here getting DEPed in and when my group ( I was the only female ) was getting sworn in I accidently looked at the guy and called him mam when I answered his question :oops: . Everyone here teaches to look in the eyes when you're talking and being talked to then you go to something like that and be told it's bad to look them in the eyes. Wow, that's hard.

It's defitinely good to have a buddy when you head to boot camp, it makes it easier. Even if you don't really know her, you both will come to the point where you'll depend on each other. And everyone makes mistakes, though best not to do it while your actually in boot camp.

There will be a "quiet time" and if I know this right, you can express your worries to your DI. Because believe it or not he/she wants you to pass. It's not doing them good, it's not going the Marine Corps good, and it won't do you good - if you fail.

Fort Jackson has a program, where if you don't pass the final test, they will give you another try at a later date or start you through again. It just is pointless to show up and not pass.

I read in another thread about your boyfriend, and you should what is best for you. He might not realize it at the moment but tell him: "hey my heart is set on this and I love you but ...."

I don't think it's easy being married in the military, my brother and sister-in-law have not had the perfect marriage. That's why back in the Vietnam days, they kinda prefered you to stay single. And you guys probably aren't thinking about marriage but maybe you might.

Just like any job, it'll be hard to juggle two things at once, but if you pass the hardest boot camp in the US Military, I think you'll kinda have a head's up.

Keep your mind - I saw on a show, you don't actually get to talk in first person (lol) but keep your mind and keep it sound. Don't crack underneath the pressure. It won't do you good, if you're in a combat situation and you're just balling your eyes out because your CO is yelling at you.

(My brother's ... step-brother had a breakdown in the Navy)

LOL, I can see it now..... "get out there and do your job soldier!!!" ...." *sniffle* but sir/mam, I'm too scared, you need to stop yelling at me. You hurt my feelings...." Oh, holy cow that would be funny, for me. Not for the person crying. LOL. Yea, I've already told my boyfriend that this is a dream of mine that I want to live and he ended up telling me the percentage of us working out. Yes, we have talked about marriage but it's still years and years down the road. i would guess it's about 6 years down the road if we stay together that long.

RecruitWalterUSMC said:
LOL, I can see it now..... "get out there and do your job soldier!!!" ...." *sniffle* but sir/mam, I'm too scared, you need to stop yelling at me. You hurt my feelings...." Oh, holy cow that would be funny, for me. Not for the person crying. LOL. Yea, I've already told my boyfriend that this is a dream of mine that I want to live and he ended up telling me the percentage of us working out. Yes, we have talked about marriage but it's still years and years down the road. i would guess it's about 6 years down the road if we stay together that long.

Well maybe it will. Whose one to predict the future?

Back