Really bad thing happened to my computer

wolfen

Ok I'm on my oldest son's computer so I might be offline most of the time for a while.
Last night I was flying along in IL2, when I felt the need, so off I went, upon my return I saw a blue screen of death saying that windows had shut down due to a critical error, and that I needed to restart if this was the first time I got this message. Well i restarted the computer, now the screen is black saying " insert boot disk and press any key to continue" all this after being on for 4 hours, hard drive should be warm right? WRONG!, mine was cold as ice with no sound coming out of it at all, I just lost everything to a defective hard drive :(
Needless to say now I need a 160 gig Hdd real bad.
Found one, just need the money to get it.

The first three rules of stress free computer ownership.
(1) Backup.
(2) Backup.
(3) Backup.

But i guess that's not much comfort to you at the moment. But before you worry too much check the power cable is plugged all the way into your HDD. .... It is? ... NOW you can panic.

I am absolutely paranoid about backing up, I have a 320 Gigglebite external HDD permanently attached to my system and also a removable 500 Gb removable HDD that just slips into the front which is only inserted when I duplicate my External drive last thing at night, it is then locked in a fireproof safe and stays there whenever it is not in use. If i only have a few new files to back up i run them onto a memory stick until it is worthwhile transferring to the removable HDD.

P0001998.jpg

The Flyspray is another necessity here in Aussie at this time if the year, We get these damned annoying little Bush Flies.

P0001994.jpg

Paranoid?.... Me,.... Naaah, I had'm out with my tonsils when I was only a little tacker

Last edited:
Back