Re-introduciton

Raider Girl

im not a new member.... ive been busy with my JROTC stuff.... but now im back for a while....

im anna.... imma cadet... wanna join the marines.... dont mess with meh ....o_O nah j/j

Raider - it is a competition that AJROTC does. It's basically a physical fitness thing incorporated into activites. Very hard core. I know it consists of a litter carry, not sure about the distance, and it also consists of a rope bridge. There is a whole lot else too it.

Welcome! I do a lot with the JROTC at my school, altho I'm not in it.

It's actually a team. I'm a part of the Raider Team at my high school.

We train after school, like one would go to football practice or something, and we go to different meets and compete against other schools/teams. The events that we compete in depend on the meet. We have one meet that has a rope bridge, obstacle course, gauntlet (more advanced obstacle course that involves everything from climbing a small rock cliff and low crawling through muddy, rocky dirt to shooting an azmuth and tying a knot...), a 5 mile run, PT Test, night land nav course and written map test. Other meets may not have the obstacle course, map test, land nav, etc... It all varies. Another meet has a five mile relay instead of a five mile race.

It's a lot of fun, if you like physical work. Hoo-ah! ^_^

GuyontheRight said:
Welcome, is your username a refrence to the Silver and Black?

silver and black???? :?:

thanks everybody... raiders is great... yet im the only female in my AJORTC thats apart of the team.... we do rope bridge, litter carry, first aid(consiting of: evaluate a causulty, prevent shock, various chest wounds, abdominal wounds, head wounds, splints) repelling, lotsa PT, belt drag/carry... n lots other stuff with ropes....

Raider Girl said:
GuyontheRight said:
Welcome, is your username a refrence to the Silver and Black?

silver and black???? :?:

thanks everybody... raiders is great... yet im the only female in my AJORTC thats apart of the team.... we do rope bridge, litter carry, first aid(consiting of: evaluate a causulty, prevent shock, various chest wounds, abdominal wounds, head wounds, splints) repelling, lotsa PT, belt drag/carry... n lots other stuff with ropes....

Competitions are actually quite fun to watch, until you've seen every group do the same thing a million times in a row. And they start deathly early. At least the ones around here do.

if you didnt know.... Hawaii (where i live) has the most dense population of JROTC cadets in the US... (every public skool has 1) so there is alot of compition...

the compition we do is call "ATT" the test us all on:

-rope bridge/reppeling
-first aid(consiting of: evaluate a causulty, prevent shock, various chest wounds, abdominal wounds, head wounds, splints)
-litter carry/belt drag/belt carry/firemens carry
-PT test (consisting of: push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups/flexed arm hang, 2 miles)
-800 meter swim and a 12 mile run (seperate events)
-urban O (orenteering)
-LiL Nam (marine obstical course)

about 150 cadet gather at scholfield for this ATT.... the first weekend of winter vacation...

Back