Rations

--

March 21st, 2004  
Asskrusher

Topic: Rations

Hi all,

For some reason, one of my hobbies is collecting military rations. I try to get as many different ones as I can, preferably a few of each, so I can open one, see whats in it, etc. If I can get enough of them, i'll eat some, providing they are not too far past the expiry date

I am curious if anyone knows where to get some "rare" rations. Not MRE's, things like MCW and LRP rations, etc., and pretty much anything non US.

Also, does anyone else do this?

Regards,

Asskrusher
March 21st, 2004  
RnderSafe

Ugh. The old LRPR's sucked. If you find some, eat them at your own risk.
March 21st, 2004  
Asskrusher

Topic: LRPR's

Yeah, I wouldn't eat the old ones....the new kind maybe. I am looking for both, though.

Asskrusher
--
August 16th, 2005  
recondo_fr

Topic: Re: French Rations

hi there,

i can easily send you for free (except shipping) a French combat ration, reheatable, and have some dutch ones yet
mail me
August 17th, 2005  
Arclight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
Freeze dried stuff, right?
August 18th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Topic: Re: Rations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asskrusher
Hi all,

For some reason, one of my hobbies is collecting military rations. I try to get as many different ones as I can, preferably a few of each, so I can open one, see whats in it, etc. If I can get enough of them, i'll eat some, providing they are not too far past the expiry date

I am curious if anyone knows where to get some "rare" rations. Not MRE's, things like MCW and LRP rations, etc., and pretty much anything non US.

Also, does anyone else do this?

Regards,

Asskrusher
I have some old C ration cans and my grandfather collects K and C rations.
August 19th, 2005  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight
Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
Freeze dried stuff, right?
None of ours was freeze dried. The biscuits were dried but I think that was from age. So were the smokes. The really good stuff was in o.d. cans, I've still got my can opener, tuna & noodles, beef stew, yum. Then there were the dried eggs. If it was raining, they would float in your mess kit.
August 19th, 2005  
LeEnfield

I remember the stuff that they used to give us when we were out in the field, it was almost 20 years old. The Chocolate in it had been heated and cooled that often it had all gone white, still when you are hungry you will eat any thing
August 19th, 2005  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeEnfield
I remember the stuff that they used to give us when we were out in the field, it was almost 20 years old. The Chocolate in it had been heated and cooled that often it had all gone white, still when you are hungry you will eat any thing
Yum! K rations.
August 20th, 2005  
FULLMETALJACKET

Leenfield i admire you. you always have a witty imput whereever i turn there you are. 8) you da man!