"Ranger Tab" tattoo's.

CavScout

Any current or inactive Rangers in here? If so, or anyone else for that matter can answer this I would appreciate it. Do all Rangers upon completion of Ranger training get the "Ranger" tab tatoo'ed on themselves?

Wow, I seen this post just as I was thinking about this exact subject. Hopefully there some Rangers here to enlighten us.

I wouldn't get any tattoo if for anything it's because of anonymity. No use having a tattoo giving away who you are if you're ever in a situation where you must pretend to be someone else. Happens in every day life too... mostly in foreign countries during travel etc.

It's more of a choise thing than requirement....some do some don't but I wanted to hear from folks who had or had not and they're reasons why.

To a Ranger, the tab isn't as important as the scroll. I've seen very few Rangers with tab tattoos that did not involved the 75th Scroll - but I have seen a lot of Ranger school graduates with them. When I was in the 75th (back when Christ was a Sgt.) scroll, skulls, and the motto "Sua Sponte" script tattoos were popular.

Actually it's the regiment crest, every Ranger gets a tab and scroll but your crest specifies you to your rgt and battalion. As far as if required, no it's not, it's a choice, but is required that you don't get your tattoo below where your BDU or new ACU sleeve would end on the arm while still on active or reserves. got out in 00 so I don't know if rules have changed since then. Hope I was able to answer your questions. 3rd75th bravo company. Sua Sponte, Rangers lead the way! .

Back