The Rambo Chart

13th Redneck, I've got to stop you there. Neither Apocalypse Now or Cross of Iron were lame - in my opinion, I'd take Sgt (James Coburn) Steiner v Rambo & Arnie any day, except Wednesday and maybe Thursday through Tuesday, but still good films.

Well it's just one man's opinion that's all.
I've heard so much hype aboth both films and I've watched both and didn't really see what the big deal was. Apocalypse Now is basically the Heart of Darkness set in Vietnam. Cross of Iron seemed like it'd be a good film if you were watching it while drunk with your female friends.

Col. Kurtz is The Man. He'd hang Ahnold and Rambo upside down and naked from a tree. The best scene in Apocalypse Now is definitely the air cav assault on the village though. That's film history right there.

Well it's just one man's opinion that's all.
I've heard so much hype aboth both films and I've watched both and didn't really see what the big deal was. Apocalypse Now is basically the Heart of Darkness set in Vietnam. Cross of Iron seemed like it'd be a good film if you were watching it while drunk with your female friends.

Was that a dig on the females???

No, just saying it's the type of movie that I'd watch while drinking with them.
There are such things like that.
I remember watching a ballet performance on TV where the people were dressed up as animals and we watched it while drinking and it was freaking crazy.

No, just saying it's the type of movie that I'd watch while drinking with them.
There are such things like that.
I remember watching a ballet performance on TV where the people were dressed up as animals and we watched it while drinking and it was freaking crazy.

Sounds like the broadway play Cats! LOL

Col. Kurtz is The Man. He'd hang Ahnold and Rambo upside down and naked from a tree. The best scene in Apocalypse Now is definitely the air cav assault on the village though. That's film history right there.

Gotta love Ride of the Valkyries

:avi: "We got a 50 cal, 50 cal in the open"

:cowb: "I love the Smell Of Napalm In the morning... That gasoline smell. Smells Like, Vicory." Classic

I don't understand what the big deal was about Apocalypse Now and Cross of Iron. Both were pretty lame.
Rambo 2 and 3 weren't good at all. A bit like Rocky how the franchise kind of lost its way. At least the last ones were pretty good. Rambo isn't realistic but I don't think it was ever meant to be.

Omg mate.... that is almost blasphemy! How can you compare "the Cross of Iron" with the Rambo sequals? This film was shot in '79 and Peckinpah had an incredible eye for details. After that rubbish like Force 10 and Guns from Navarone all details were lost. Germans with stenguns or Chaffee tanks you name it. Bloody hell, in CoI even the bayonets were the rights one for the Mauser 98k rifles.. It all fits! And the story line was also new. The Eastern front from German perspective...... All in all, 2 thumbs up. (but that is like an opinion dude (Big Lebowski;))

The Rambo movies weren't meant to be realistic and were meant to be more entertaining, which it did.
The Cross of Iron was supposed to be deep or something but it was pretty boring, tried too hard in being gory, the Russian kid who got shot to pieces randomly by other Red Army soldiers... it was like someone's lame attempt to get a reaction out of me.

Wow.. it looks like the first one REALLY sucked

First one was the best.
At a certain time we have seen it 8 times in a short period (there was no other movie available) :m16:... damn... some of those scenes are burnt inside my eyes :m1:

Back