Quote from BoB

Currahee

I think it's in episode 4, Carentan. Blithe says "Cuz I'm scared" and Spiers says something like "You just have to believe your already dead". I love that quote. So, does anyone happen to know it? Thx alot. BTW. I just joined. So, Hello!

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, I don't remember that scene, been awhile since I watched that episode.

Don't worry! You can all stop looking for the quote! I found it!

"The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function. Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse. All war depends on it." Cap. Ronald Speirs, E Company, 506th Regiment, 101st Airborne

I remember it but not one of my favorites, plus - it just made the private more afraid, you can tell by the look on his face while he is listening... but I would get scared too anytime talking to Capt. Speirs... in truth from veterans he was really as tough as they made him seem in the movie. :twisted:

My favorite quote from Band of Brothers is a tie between
Herb Sobel:"What's your name trooper." :drill:
Don Malarky:"Malarky, G. Donald, sir!"
Sobel:"Malarky. Isn't that slang for bull****?" :cen:
Malarky:"Yes sir."
Sobel"Well here you go Private Bull****" :cen:
~Curahee
I'm not sure if that is the actual quote but that's all i rememeber.

2. "Gentlemen, Flies spread diseases, so close yours"~George Luz, imitating General Sink's voice
~Carentan
I'm also not sure about this quote too but that's all i rememeber.

German Commander: "Men, it's been a long war, it's been a tough war. You've fought bravely, proudly for your country. You're a special group. You've found in one another a bond, that exists only in combat, among brothers. You've shared foxholes, held each other in dire moments. You've seen death and suffered together. I'm proud to have served with each and every one of you. You all deserve long and happy lives in peace."

Back