questions about 18X washout statistics

andrewspencers

I understand that the overall SF training washout rate is 80%, but
what's the washout rate for 18X enlistees?
What percentage of 18X washouts are DOR?
For the non-DOR, what're the primary causes of washing out?

Since I've gotten no reply here, can anybody recommend some other forum where I might get an answer? I tried asking the recruiters at the goarmy.com website, but they couldn't answer. I also tried asking in the us.military.army newsgroup, but got no replies there either.
And I would need to travel in order to see a recruiter in person, but I'm currently unable to do that, so I can't ask a recruiter in person.

The same applies to my other post here about recruiting shortfall statistics.

Help?

I think you need to spend less time worrying about failure and more time preparing for success.

About a lack of responses, we have very strict rules here about posting misinformation, and only those who are proven to be qualified in a specific field are allowed to respond to questions concerning that field, so it may be several days before a qualified member sees or can respond to your question.

> I think you need to spend less time worrying about failure and more time preparing for success.

I will reduce my worry about failure, and at the same time prepare for success, by learning what the common causes for failure are, and preparing myself to avoid them.

When I skydive, I bring two parachutes. When I scubadive, I bring two regulators. Before I began either sport, I learned what all the most common problems are, and how to overcome them. This isn't because I'm worrying about failure; it's so that I don't have to worry about failure.
A natural response might be that I should just get myself physically fit, enlist, and then trust the Army to provide me the necessary training. But obviously there's more to it than that, considering the extremely high washout rate even among soldiers with years of active duty Army experience. Hence my question: why do they wash out?

> About a lack of responses, we have very strict rules here about posting misinformation, and only those who are proven to be qualified in a specific field are allowed to respond to questions concerning that field, so it may be several days before a qualified member sees or can respond to your question.

Ok, thanks. I will wait and watch this thread.

I can't tell you the primary causes of washing out, but from my understanding, the number of students who start SOPC training and end up being on a team in roughtly 3%.

Reasons are many.

Quitting
Medical
Academic
Disciplinary

Back