Question regarding Recoil

Stealthy!

If you are firing rifle [Like an M16A4] in full-auto from a standing position, will the recoil make the gun bounce left & right and go up, or will the gun just push back into your shoulder making the rifle go up?

Sorry for me not describing my question really well, I had a long day at work and I am exhausted but this question has been bugging me for a bit. I'm just curious as to how recoil works, seeing as I never shot a gun in fully automatic.

That depends on whether you are left or right handed.. :cool:

But generally if you are right handed and place the rifle in your right shoulder the shots will in most cases go up and to the right if you use full auto.
But that again depends on your experience level, an experienced shooter may compensate for the recoil and push the rifle down and to the left while firing, so the shots will appear to bounce around the center of the target when you look at it, and an unexperienced (with full auto) person will loose control and the shots will go in a pretty straight line up and to the right since the shoulder will be pushed back and down

Back