a question about possible reactions to US military vaccines

Iwanttobeajarhead

so, my mother is really, really worried about me getting vaccinated, and says that if I do, I will either die or be debilitated either mentally or physically or even both for the rest of my life. I have had adverse reactions to them in the past, but that's when I was an infant, when I turn 18, will that happen again, or has my immune system grown to a point where I wont be adversely affected by them? I know it aint 100% but will having those reactions in the past increase my chances of getting screws from vacs instead of bullets? thanks for answers.

There are certain vaccines that have changed their composition since you were a child. Tetanus is one of them. almost everyone has had reactions to that particular shot but lately it's not quite so bad. Then there are vaccines out now that weren't in existence back then, an unknown quantity for you.

Find a different doctor & ask him. He can probably run allergy tests on you & let you know. I'd stay as far away from a military-hating doc as possible. You don't need that in your life if you're interested in enlisting.

Each persons body is different but from what Ive seen and had done Ive never seen anyone have any sort of bad reactions to shots/vaccines.
Ive had pretty much everything, N1H1,many many flu shots/mists, Anthrax (Im on like shot number 7) and so many more with no side effects, no getting sick etc.

You will be given medical history questionnaires when you begin the medical portion of MEPS. When it asks about any allergies, bad reactions to previous vaccines, be honest. For the most part, these are not disqualifying questions.

I can't take the flu shot, live virus or H1N1 because of my allergies. It's marked in my file and isn't a big deal.

You will be given medical history questionnaires when you begin the medical portion of MEPS. When it asks about any allergies, bad reactions to previous vaccines, be honest. For the most part, these are not disqualifying questions.

I can't take the flu shot, live virus or H1N1 because of my allergies. It's marked in my file and isn't a big deal.

Go with this ^^^^^ he wouldn't let get killed by a needle......unless he hated you.

Back