Question about Joining the USN Sea Cadets

CDTGaticaW201

Hey, I contacted the nearest Sea Cadet unit and they sent me an information packet but I was wondering if you guys had any tips about becoming a cadet like if I'll have to take a PAE or a physical strength/stamina type exam and just general information about getting started.

Thanks in advance!

The PRT (Physical Requirement Test) must have been designed for 7 year ol girls. Here are the regs. http://resources.seacadets.org/actiongate/al9804enc3.pdf

You do not have to be able to pass the test to join the Sea Cadets.

My advice, when you first join get to work immediately opn your BMR, you'll appreciate it later. Keep alert to learn everything you can because one day it could prove useful. For example, last drill we suddenly needed a new guide-on. I was the only one that knew how to do it because I have paid attention to things like that, so now I am the guide-on.

Good luck, its lots of fun once you get going and get to go some summer trainings.

Well damn, thanks you guys......That's cake. Hey Future Ranger, what's BMR?

Also, should I expect any long humps or marches?

Basic Military Requirements Corresponce Course, unlike Koosh up there I have actually completed my BMR, he and I went to Boot over Winter, and to ROTC boy, I do more stuff on my own then that too.

But I found myself hard pressed to train for that, but I passed.
And the physical requirements are a doctors physical and if he says your fit for duty, you ship out.

He is an e-2t and I'm about to be promoted to e-2, I am also an e-2t, but I have completed my BMR, and I'm on Seaman. Sea Cadets is the best Cadet Organization ever!!!!!!

Marching yes expect that, heck you want hard come to my unit, I'll show you hard, Ingraham Division, the Pasadena Division Guys are weird, I just had to put you in your place Koosh.

Time said:
Sea Cadets is the best Cadet Organization ever!!!!!!
Can the Sea cadets claim 2 submarine kills? Did they play an important role during WWII on the home front? And can they be credited for saving hundreds of lives a year?

nulli secundus said:
Time said:
Sea Cadets is the best Cadet Organization ever!!!!!!
Can the Sea cadets claim 2 submarine kills? Did they play an important role during WWII on the home front? And can they be credited for saving hundreds of lives a year?

Those people in CAP weren't Cadets, and the people that go on search and rescue misssions aren't usually cadets, although some are.

So wait.....what on earth's BMR?

Edit: Another question. I'm going to the unit's drills on the 19th/20th and I'm also going to have my interview while I'm there. I figure I should probably shave, which is going to definetly be something to get used to but should I go by instinct and dress up like I would for a regular interview?

DlanoeG said:
So wait.....what on earth's BMR?

Edit: Another question. I'm going to the unit's drills on the 19th/20th and I'm also going to have my interview while I'm there. I figure I should probably shave, which is going to definetly be something to get used to but should I go by instinct and dress up like I would for a regular interview?

we don't have an interview, you'll watch a video, and then if you join on the spot you might want to stay for the drill.

Back