Profiteers of WW2 - Page 2

--

October 31st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

My dad was visiting Europe in the 60's. He was able to cross into and visit East Berlin. He said it was night and day. West Berlin was a bustling developed modern city. East Berlin was still in ruins with bombed out buildings all over. He said it was pretty depressing feeling too.
October 31st, 2004  
Doppleganger

I was in Berlin in 1991, not too long after the wall had come down. It was a big difference going from West to East. East Berlin was just block after block of 8 storey apartment blocks - very bland and depressing indeed.
October 31st, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

YES WELL YOU KNOW HOW I FELT LIVING IN LATVIA WHERE ALL THE HOUSING IS THE SAME
--
October 31st, 2004  
Darcia

In Communist nation Everyone Get Same House. In Communist Country Everything Fair. 8)
October 31st, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameon
In Communist nation Everyone Get Same House. In Communist Country Everything Fair. 8)
in a communist nation, not a dictatorship
October 31st, 2004  
Darcia

This also Came to me. Last Night, The Commenwwealth as a whole Kinda won due to the fact they got thier Independance 8 years after it was over basicly.
October 31st, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameon
This also Came to me. Last Night, The Commenwwealth as a whole Kinda won due to the fact they got thier Independance 8 years after it was over basicly.
what are you talking about
October 31st, 2004  
Darcia

8 years after WW2 wa over and Britian was rebuilding themselves and Europe the Nations of the British Empire were basicly given thier Independance when Elizebeth II formed the Commenwealth.
October 31st, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

I see, but how does that relate to the topic?
October 31st, 2004  
Darcia

Those Nations Basicly got thier Independance as a result of WW2.