Probaly So

tetvet

Banned
Police Departments all over the Country are considering the action of no longer sending White Officers on calls into Black neighborhoods .:|

Police Departments all over the Country are considering the action of no longer sending White Officers on calls into Black neighborhoods .:|

Which if true will not stop anything, I am prepared to bet that the problem is more about a justice system that almost always sides with the powers that be, rarely if ever finds its own to be at fault and is simply no longer trusted by the weakest (in terms of power) members of society.

At the moment it is manifesting itself in "White cop shoots black guy" cases but replace the "white cop" and it will just become "cop shoots black guy" cases.

This is not just a US problem most people realise that if a cop shoots someone they will eventually walk away from it and I think what you are experiencing is a common belief throughout the western world in the "lower" socioeconomic groups.

In my lifetime I have watched the New Zealand police force go from being the most trusted profession in the country to little more than a revenue raising arm of the government that I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw.

I think we're experiencing a common event in human history. As long as laws have been written, someone has had to enforce those laws. Trust in law enforcement tends to fluctuate as history marched on. In a few more years, all of this will have been paved over, and people will trust law enforcement again. It's also important to note that these incidents are not as frequent as the media will have everyone to believe. It is important to remember of course that there are still good cops out there.

I think we're experiencing a common event in human history. As long as laws have been written, someone has had to enforce those laws. Trust in law enforcement tends to fluctuate as history marched on. In a few more years, all of this will have been paved over, and people will trust law enforcement again. It's also important to note that these incidents are not as frequent as the media will have everyone to believe. It is important to remember of course that there are still good cops out there.

I am not entirely sure I agree, certainly we have had periods like this before but I don't think this will be forgotten in a few years.

My impression is that we are in a post-Vietnam war type period where there is a very high level of civil dissatisfaction but unlike that period those in power are not showing signs of the change needed to reduce the tensions, my guess is that we will see things escalate before we see tensions reduce and it may take decades not a few years to sort itself out.

I have no doubt there are a lot of good cops out there but there are also a lot of bad ones, a couple of years back I did my first jury service and on the testimony of a police office we found the guy guilty primarily because we believed the officers story over that of the defendant, last year I did my second jury service and the result was reversed because not one person on the jury believed the officer over a guy that quite frankly should have been in prison for a myriad of other crimes.

Last edited:
Back