President Bush initiates Stop Loss

--

January 6th, 2004  
XARMYSGT

Topic: President Bush initiates Stop Loss

i heard on the radio today that President Bush has initiated a Stop Loss on the soldiers in Iraq & Afghanistan. For those that don't know, a stop loss is an INvoluntary extention in which the soldiers that were due to get out of the military while in Iraq or Afghanistan have to wait until their unit's rotation is over and then 90 days after they return to the states.

what are your thoughts on this?
January 6th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

I think It's a good thing in the long run, although Im sure some of you Vets probobly are a little ticked (I apologize, but we need to finish what we started) Then again I not one of those guys down in that shit storm, so my opinion really doesnt carry much weight.
January 6th, 2004  
Redleg

I'm sure that I would have been pretty pissed if this was happening to me...

Many of the soldiers down there have been there several months in a row, without the possibility to see their family and loved ones.

I can partly understand that they have to wait untill their rotation is over, but why 90 more days??
--
January 7th, 2004  
Redneck

Admittedly this is coming from a much less well-educated position on the subject than several of you might have, but I believe that it is a good, even if a hard, idea, in that it will prevent what happened with our troops' training and experience deficit in Vietnam from hurting us again.
January 8th, 2004  
XARMYSGT

if i remember correctly Saddam was captured, right? wasn't that 90% of the mission in Iraq? the other 10% being take him out of power?

Mission Accomplished. Let them get their government started and then send our troops back home where they belong. there is no need for stop losses and units to rotate in and out of there.

this is only MY opinion, i am no longer in the Military and i don't keep up on this stuff as much as i need to. I would also like to know what happened to being focused on Afghanistan and Ossama? did he become a secondary mission or what?
January 13th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Quote:
if i remember correctly Saddam was captured, right? wasn't that 90% of the mission in Iraq? the other 10% being take him out of power?
Actually your liberals will argue it was 50/50 with Saddam and WMDs, which by the way we have discovered numerouse evidence of, but the damn media friken covers it up.
June 2nd, 2004  
barneymoran

This blog has been posted on Grateful Web under "hush more, the statue is almost done" header.

Thank you,

Barney Moran
VP, Grateful Web
http://www.gratefulweb.net
June 2nd, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneymoran
This blog has been posted on Grateful Web under "hush more, the statue is almost done" header.

Thank you,

Barney Moran
VP, Grateful Web
http://www.gratefulweb.net
Say what now?
June 2nd, 2004  
si6

Well i was caught in a stop loss in 90/91 when desert storm was gettin going..IMHO

You singed on the dotted line when you joined,you said the oath if/when you enlisted..guess you have to deal with it..

Si6
June 3rd, 2004  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by si6
Well i was caught in a stop loss in 90/91 when desert storm was gettin going..IMHO

You singed on the dotted line when you joined,you said the oath if/when you enlisted..guess you have to deal with it..

Si6
I guess you may not like it but you have to agree. Anyways, it might be a good move on the strategic level. War is crap, but sometimes you have to make it, you know. Oh god i'm sounding like an idiot sorry people.