Pres Debate: Who won the debate of 10/8/04??

View Poll Results :Who won, Bush or Kerry
Bush 7 53.85%
Kerry 3 23.08%
Its a Draw 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

October 9th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Topic: Pres Debate: Who won the debate of 10/8/04??

The last debate was (according to the poll in this section) probably won by John Kerry. And here we are at the end of another. So who won it?
October 9th, 2004  
Skinny

Quote:
You can run, but you can't hide.
October 9th, 2004  
Patriot_1989tobeyond

Finally, Bush downed Kerry just like this, Ding,ding, thwak,thwak.

Quote:
We could have saved 2 billion dollars and an invasion of Iraq if we had used used diplomacy, and Sadam would be in jail or dead. That is the war on Iraq.
Quote by president-wanna-be JOhn KErry
--
Boots
October 9th, 2004  
Lupos

I'm proud of Bush tonight, he was on the attack against Kerry and I also believe that not only the American people, but also Kerry himself have more respect for him. Bush won on Foreign Policy by a long shot and even tied Kerry on the economy IMHO. Good for George, maybe he can start regaining some ground with the United States.
October 9th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

My impression of Kerry: "I respect your convictions. I respect the morals that motivate you. I respect your beliefs so very very much. Here's why your beliefs wrong." I'm somewhat neutral politically, but that's pretty damned offensive.
October 9th, 2004  
Lupos

Yeah, I noticed that he did that to the woman who asked about abortion, do you think that maybe that might be his big mistake for the night?
October 9th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

One of them. There were others.
October 9th, 2004  
Lupos

Like what man, I was coming back from Philly trying to hear it on the AM radio. You know, the debate is really riveting when you have a nice soft-rock soundtrack in the background
October 9th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

The part where Kerry accused Bush of being a hypocrite morally for allowing embrionic stem cell research to be tested on certain specimens. Turns out those embryos were dead before any testing was even considered. That didn't look too good either. Also, there was more than one occassion that he tried to turn the "flip-flop" thing around on Bush in situations where it REALLY didn't fit. The occasion where Bush said something to the effect of, "Still trying to figure out what he just said." after Kerry managed to talk himself in a circle and ... well, I wasn't really able to figure out what he was saying either.

Bush looked pretty weak on the Supreme Court Justice question. Most of the situations in the debate that favored one of the other candidate favored Bush this go around.
October 9th, 2004  
Lupos

My favorite quote from the debate

"Private Timber companies? Never heard of that."