[ POLL ] Fort Jackson, SC vs. Fort Benning, GA - Page 2

--

December 28th, 2010  
brinktk

Sill was no pick nick. HOT as hell! I seem to remember having DS that I thought were absolute lunatics! I was back at Sill not too long ago for BOLC and boy it's really gotten soft. For some reason it seems no one road marches anymore...I remember road marching EVERYWHERE!
December 28th, 2010  
Big_Z

Yea we rucked everywhere we went, this was back in 06. We rucked so much that we just left our packs down in the CTA because there was no point in putting them away. Our "classroom" training involved a 2-5 mile ruck to an abandoned field just to get an hour long block of instruction. I remember rucking to the TMC to get shots, laugh.
December 29th, 2010  
brinktk

I hated it at the time... but I came to appreciate it when I got to my unit. By the time I was done with OSUT I was pretty fast at rucking. I also got remarkably faster on my run time as well...go figure!
--
January 3rd, 2011  
FutureArmyDiver

I just got back from Ft Benning, my DS is ranger qualified, and most the other DS's were Airborn. They all have that mentality of to be the best, you need to be trained the best, AKA, Hell training. It is not as bad if you are combat support as compared to infantry. but it def is no joke. they are also very strict, you **** up, you will get ****ed up. Im glad I graduated from ft benning, but it sucked the whole time I was there....especially when we did stairway to heaven, it was more like, Highway to hell