Polishing Boots

--

October 1st, 2004  
cpl_clarke

Topic: Polishing Boots

Thought it would be a good idea to exchange methods of polishing boots.

I take my boot and apply polish all over. Next I take my brush and brush the polish off. What this does is it cleans the boot of any dirt and dust so your not polishing a dirty boot. That's hard. Next I apply a very small amount of polish to the desired area of the boot. Remember, what you put on has to come off. I turn the boot upside down and carefully hold a lighter to it. I don't hold it to close so I don't burn the boot.
October 1st, 2004  
AFSteliga

Burn shining isn't allowed in the CF. It messes up your boot if you do it for too long. The best way to do it is just to rub the polish in by using large circles to apply the polish and then progress to smaller circles to work the polish in.
October 1st, 2004  
c/Commander

Polish...AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!...thank God for digital BDUs and non-shiny boots!
--
October 1st, 2004  
Cadet_Shelton

Y'all use parade gloss, or just regular black polish?
October 2nd, 2004  
Trevor

i hate parade gloss. It's a joke. Regular Kiwi does it for me.
October 2nd, 2004  
alliehz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
i hate parade gloss. It's a joke. Regular Kiwi does it for me.
I agree. But I use Lincoln, it seems to work pretty well. So I'm happy.
October 2nd, 2004  
cpl_clarke

It messes up your boot if you do it for too long

Thats why i dont do it every time and i never hold it close and for a long time. its just easier to do it that way. saves time
October 2nd, 2004  
cpl_clarke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCdt Steliga
It messes up your boot if you do it for too long. .
thats why i dont tdo it all the time and when i do its for a short period and not to close to the boot. it saves alot of time. i have a life and shining boots for hours isnt exactly something that i want to be part of it.
October 2nd, 2004  
AFSteliga

Shining boots for hours? After you finally get your boots to standard, you only have to polish them for MAYBE half an hour before putting them on. Trust me.
October 2nd, 2004  
cpl_clarke

still, half an hour is long when your polishing boots. i prefer the five minute way. its easier to. Trust me.