Polishing Boots - Page 2

--

October 2nd, 2004  
AFSteliga

You may be right about the not taking as long part, but wait until those boots get older. They WILL crap out on you. Take it from my former Warrant Officers. They burn shined most of their career, but eventually you could tell that they were doing it.

I myself have taken the time and effort to make my boots the right and proper way, and I've gotten better results out of them.
October 3rd, 2004  
CanadianCowgirl

The best thing to do is to make sure you get one of those KIWI cloths wrapped really tight around 2 of your fingers. Then use a little dab a water and a little polish. Then go around in little circles like crazy. Takes awhile but there's no tricks in getting it done right I guess. Hope this helps.
October 3rd, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCdt Steliga
After you finally get your boots to standard...
Mine are WAY past standards, and i still polish them like 20 min. a day anyway . I use parade gloss after the reg. and it helps to protect them boot since it has silicon in it.
--
October 3rd, 2004  
Trevor

There was this kid who used to put vaseline on his boots because he didn't know how to get them shiny. Man what a tool!
October 3rd, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

when our squadron went to Fort Bragg for the day one of the guys at the Spec. Ops Museum told us a trick he used to do. There is or was a deodorant stick that when melted onto the boot created a great shine, but the bad part is it doesn't last long.
October 3rd, 2004  
AFSteliga

Deodorant? Never heard of that before.
October 4th, 2004  
CanadianCowgirl

Whatever you do, don't use Mop N' Glo....I've heard rubbing alcohol works good though
October 6th, 2004  
cpl_clarke

a CPO2 who works with my cadet corps thinks that rubbing alcohol wrecks the boot. i dont know what hes talking about. also ive seen some people use a pair of nylons when polishing. whats this about? does it work?
October 6th, 2004  
Patriot_1989tobeyond

A simple spit shine with torn-up drab brown BDU T and some kiwi works for me.
October 6th, 2004  
AFSteliga

Quote:
Originally Posted by pte_clarke
a CPO2 who works with my cadet corps thinks that rubbing alcohol wrecks the boot. i dont know what hes talking about. also ive seen some people use a pair of nylons when polishing. whats this about? does it work?
Nylons work fairly well when you're just trying to get a quick shine to the boots before an inspection while you've already got the boots on. A lot of the guys here use them for their combat boots just before either inspection or fall-in.

Also, I've never heard anything about rubbing alcohol, so I've got no opinion on that.