PLC in Reserves?

drunkentyger

Hey all. Just got sworn in 3 days ago for the USMC. Gonna be shipped to BT around Jan. or Feb. Im not going full enlistment... just the reserves.... I got a 77 compiled score on my ASVAB and my recruiter said I was eligible for the PLC. (74 i think was the minimum score to qualify) Im going to a Junior College right now, and my question is, how does this all work out? I mean, I WANT to take the PLC class but, since im in JC, i have no idea how the system works.... Um.. so yea... Can I take the PLC class even though im in a Junior College?

I also got a million other questions regarding PLC... I checked the PLC website, but it doesnt even answer half of the questions that I have.... such as :

1) PLC is just a class I take over the summer right? HOw long must i take PLC in order to "complete" it?
2) WHat do i have to do in order to "complete" it? Graduate out of college?
3)What benefits do i have when i "complete" PLC?

You need to contact the OSO in your recruiting District. If you complete PLC you are given a reserve commission .

Officers recieve two types of commissions.
Regular: In the Marine Corps these officers are generally from the Naval Acadamy or NROTC scholarship recipeints,

Reserve : Are officers out of PLC or NROTC (nonschloarship).

Upon being assigned to active duty a reserve officer must be augmented each year after his primary service to be retained on active duty. If he fails to be Augmented he is returned to reserve status.

Back