Platoon Quotes - Page 2

--

June 22nd, 2004  
Italian Guy

Topic: Re: this movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
I want to rent this movie. is it worth renting like "we were soldiers" and "saving private ryan" or is one of thoughs corny war movies?
I love both of them, man. Saving Private Ryan takes you on a roller coaster ride to hell, specially in the first part.
August 22nd, 2004  
Meta

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureRANGER
I saw Platoon for the first time last night. Was this movie made by the anti-war Hollywood crowd? It seems to portray all the Americans as bad guys. The entire movie seems rather twisted. Good story though.
I don't know. It does portray some as negative characters, but I think the intent is to focus on the moral struggle of Chris, rather than make out the soldiers as 'Bad Guys'.

I think it also tends to indirectly focus on how each member copes and rationalizes their participation and their situation in the conflict. Even the 'evil' characters show human emotions through the film. In the end, the film makes out war to be about survival of yourself, and of your group. I don't think that's unfair. Do you?
September 11th, 2004  
Bory

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureRANGER
I saw Platoon for the first time last night. Was this movie made by the anti-war Hollywood crowd? It seems to portray all the Americans as bad guys. The entire movie seems rather twisted. Good story though.
I have the Platoon DVD, and it says the Director ,Oliver Stone was a Grunt in Vietnam. Dosen't say wheater he voulnteered or was drafted though
--
September 17th, 2004  
03USMC

"Expend all remaining on my pos. I say again expend all remaining on my pos. Lovely f**kin war we got here."

"Sgt. Barnes. Sgt. Elias. You will cease fire. Do you read me."

Company C.O. as portrayed by Capt. Dale Dye USMC (RET)
September 21st, 2004  
sunb!

Topic: Good and dead

Sgt. Barnes : " What's the matter boy? He ain't gonna bite you. That's a good gook; good and dead."