Gen. George S. Patton
August 8th, 2003  
Redleg

Thanks.

I'll add it to the site this weekend.
April 26th, 2004  
Currahee42

Topic: Patton

Patton once said "the object of war is not to die for your country,but make the other Bastard die for his"
--
April 26th, 2004  
Redneck

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
- Attributed to General George Patton Jr

http://www.military-quotes.com/Patton.htm

Definitely the most submitted quote here , but thank you.
January 13th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

Sweet the whole speech!
February 11th, 2005  
trdemay

Topic: Patton

i found this one that is not on your patton page, its pretty good...

"Pacifists would do well to study the Siegfried and Maginot Lines, remembering that these defenses were forced; that Troy fell; that the walls of Hadrian succumbed; that the Great Wall of China was futile; and that, by the same token, the mighty seas which are alleged to defend us can also be circumvented by a resolute and ingenious opponent. In war, the only sure defense is offense, and the efficiency of offense depends on the warlike souls of those conducting it."
February 14th, 2005  
Charge 7

Along those lines he also said "Fixed fortifications are monuments to the stupidity of man".
October 16th, 2005  
bazz49

Topic: Additional Patton Quotation ???

IN the film about Patton with George C Scott, he his heard saying, "After war, all other forms of human endeavour pale in to insignificance".

I cannot find anything on the web which confirms this as a genuine quotation. Can anyone shed any light?

Barrie
January 2nd, 2006  
Forrest_Gump

Topic: Yet Another Patton Quote

"A good plan executed violently today is better than a perfect plan executed next week"
January 6th, 2006  
Duty Honor Country

I have merged the many patton quote threads into one. This should make it easier to view all of patton's colorful quotes.

Doody