Topic: Para millitary groups

Navy-sea cadets
Air force-CAP
USMC-young marines
All-JROTC/ROTC

What does the army have?
July 28th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Army JROTC. You could really try and stretch it to include the ACA, American Cadet Corps, but no part of the ACA is funded by that certian branch of the military.
July 29th, 2005  
DrillMaster00

Whats the ACA?
--
July 29th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

The oldest Youth Military Organization in the USA.
July 29th, 2005  
Sea_Cadet

I don't see how a Cadet Organization is a para-military group, although in sea cadets we have trainings that are completely combat oriented.
August 17th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea_Cadet
I don't see how a Cadet Organization is a para-military group, although in sea cadets we have trainings that are completely combat oriented.
Yes my friend learning knots is combat training and as for the rest of us m-16 SAMT firing ranges dont count for nothing. Sea Cadets dfo cool stuff, but just remember when we do the Airshows YOU guard the airplane and CAP marshall them
August 18th, 2005  
babyboy4u363

Over here we have:

ATC (Air Training Corps) - the only one you need to know 8)

ACF (Army Cadet Force)

SCC (Sea Cadet Corps)

and

CCF (Combined Cadet Force) - this is a program with all three sections, army airforce and navy, usually found at boarding schools, or places where there isnt enough interest for a unique force / corps to start up.
August 18th, 2005  
AFSteliga

Canada has:

Royal Canadian Air Cadets (RCAirC);
Royal Canadian Army Cadets (RCAC); and
Royal Canadian Sea Cadets (RCSC)
September 17th, 2005  
LeEnfield

Why the word Para, this indicates that they are airborne, which they are obviously not
September 19th, 2005  
PershingOfLSU

When used as it is for the term, Paramilitary, para is a prefix that means similar to or resembling. Or in this case, "Resembling the Military"

Parachute, comes from the latin cadere or, "To fall" corrupted into the French chute. Parachute and literally means, "Resembling fall" in English.