Nulli, you think too much 11 23.91%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

June 4th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
anyway, to answer your question you had to define "what is the mind" and "what is the relationship between the mind and the brain" and "what is the relationship between pain and the bran" and "what is the relationship between pain and the mind" all of which will take humanity longer than your lifetime to figure out
I take that as a challenge. . It will take humanity the time and effort we are willing to put into it. "It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer." (Albert Einstein)
June 5th, 2005  
Vitaly

It's not that you can take the pain away mentally it's that you can look past it to accomplish your goal.
June 5th, 2005  
LIBERTY

I think its alittle of both.
--
Boots
June 5th, 2005  
03USMC

Depends. Sometimes pain is just pain.
June 5th, 2005  
Pete031

Enjoy it... Use it as a challenge, thats what i do.
June 5th, 2005  
03USMC

I'm a big believer in gutting thru the pain on humps and runs the whole mind over matter thing. But certain types of pain you need to pay attention to. Say sharp stabbing pains in your knee. Because some types of pain are a warning from your body that something is wrong.
June 5th, 2005  
behemoth79

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKall
Pain is a state of mind

Its singals to the brain, you can shut these signals off!
its true! i was watching the discovery channel and this guy that was a pro in some wierd artform claimed he could block all pain from his body. he had people hit him with sticks and punch and kick him. he even had someone kick him betwixt the legs.
June 5th, 2005  
Molly Pitcher

Just a guess, but after having been "kicked betwixt the legs" a few times, everything else probably seemed relative.
June 6th, 2005  
Pete031

Yeah, if it is serious Pain then you do not want to be the macho guy, because when you do go down, you will be a liability to the rest of your section.
June 6th, 2005  
Darcia

Nulli, you think too much-Thats a good Choice.

However I believe it is a state of mind.