A page from the past

--

August 29th, 2003  
Mark Conley

Topic: A page from the past

Believe it or not, this was an actual question from an officer’s test in the US Army back in the 1870's.

You are the lieutenant of a platoon of men consisting of one Non Commissioned Officer and eight private soldiers. You have been given a timber, rope, rock and support, and all fasteners required for a flagstaff forty feet high. You have been given this material and men to erect a flagpole in front of the General Headquarters building for your post. What shall your actions be to get the flagpole erected?

The correct answer? Turn to the NCO and order him to erect the flagpole in front of the General Headquarters’ building. Any other answer was a failing grade!
August 29th, 2003  
GuyontheRight

Haha, I hatew those kind of questions
January 18th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

...What should you're actions be? Do you have the answer?
--
January 18th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Turn to the NCO and order him to erect the flagpole in front of the General Headquarters’ building.
January 18th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Whoops didn't see that.
January 18th, 2004  
Redneck

Haha, didn't figure you did.
January 18th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

lol... i hate those questions/answers... like the worksheets that make you do all this crap and they say read everything before doing anything... and then at the botton it says put your name on the top and thats it.... and it says to like mooo and yell your name and stuff
March 13th, 2004  
Jamoni

"Joint chiefs, erect the flagpole."
"General, erect the flagpole."
"Colonel, erect the flagpole."
"Lt. Colonel, erect the flagpole."
"Major, erect the flagpole."
"Captain, erect the flagpole."
"Lieutenant, erect the flagpole!"
"Sergeant, erect the flagpole."
"Maggots, erect the flagpole!"
March 27th, 2004  
Rick90467

Cant do it sir, we're on a time out.
March 27th, 2004  
Jamoni

Sorry, Sgt, my profile says no flagpole erecting!