The other side of the coin - Page 2

--

October 27th, 2004  
mstapl

Don't get the wrong idea though. You will get jobs/tasks/assignments or whatever you want to call them that you will either think is stupid, doesn't make sense, or that you just don't understand why you're doing it. So making the most of it means are you going to do your job considering the above, or are you going whine and complain and not be part of the team? It's not Burger King and sometimes you've got to do things you don't want to. If you think it's stupid and ask "Why am I doing this?", usually you just don't see the big picture yet, or sometimes it is down right stupid. Keep in mind that some people stick around long enough in the Corps to be in a position to make decisions, but may not be all that smart. Overall I believe there is a lot of job satisfaction, but again that depends on the particular command you are in. There's so much more to say. The bottom line is sometimes you have to grow up, take some chances and take the good with the bad.
October 27th, 2004  
implicature

From what i can tell the Marines offer me more good than bad. Of course this is true with the army as well... i guess i need to really hunker down and talk to my recruiters to see which one will fit me best. Another thing that i thought about was that if someone enlisted or was drafted and ended up hating it why would the be in a forum about something they hate. guess i hadn't put a lot of thought into the original post.
November 17th, 2009  
implicature

Update:

I just wanted to say thank you to all the people that posted here. I am enjoying my time in the Marine Corps and don't regret it at all.
--
November 17th, 2009  
A Can of Man

Implicature, thanks for your service and I am glad the Corps is treating you well.
Semper Fi brother!
November 18th, 2009  
implicature

Thanks a lot! and thanks for your service too Redneck.