--

May 14th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

Topic: Opposing JROTC

http://www.veteransforpeace.org/amidon_p1.htm

Wow, I never knew something like this could happen
May 14th, 2005  
LIBERTY

I dont really know what to say about this. It really kindof pisses me off about how so many people are against the military these days.
May 16th, 2005  
AFSteliga

Rather interesting.
--
May 16th, 2005  
Sea_Cadet

Stupid people don't udnertsnad that the military helps make good citizens.

In the city south of me Pomona, Ca, gang violence is rampant. And the JROTC programs have gotten kids who would be in those gangs off the street, and have helped them become better citizens.

I would fight for a JROTC program at my school.

Quote:
educated many other students about the negative aspects of this training, helped increase parental involvement, and wrote letters to the school board.
So getting fat kids in shape is a bad thing...
May 17th, 2005  
LIBERTY

Quote:
May 17th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea_Cadet
Stupid people don't udnertsnad that the military helps make good citizens.

In the city south of me Pomona, Ca, gang violence is rampant. And the JROTC programs have gotten kids who would be in those gangs off the street, and have helped them become better citizens.

I would fight for a JROTC program at my school.

Quote:
educated many other students about the negative aspects of this training, helped increase parental involvement, and wrote letters to the school board.

Must be, Must be...
May 17th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

I'd like to see what the kids (who opposed JROTC) do in their spare time. Other then keep other students from persuing what they want to do. liberals
May 18th, 2005  
airmanpatroler

Well there was fieriece opposition against AFJROTC at my school, but that was primarily due to funding and space
May 18th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmanpatroler
Well there was fieriece opposition against AFJROTC at my school, but that was primarily due to funding and space
But this was because "The Military sends bad messages to kids" BS
May 18th, 2005  
06USMC

What the is wrong with these people?