Only an Army Ranger would know...

--
Boots

July 25th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Topic: Only an Army Ranger would know...

It's a long shot I know, but I've got a situation in which a person applying for a position has claimed to be an army ranger. I was wonder if ya'll knew anything specific about the life of an army ranger that only someone who has been an army ranger would know.

Something like "what color are the walls in the mess hall" or something like that.

Long shot I know, but you guys are pretty knowledgeable.
July 25th, 2005  
Joe252

well they should know how to kill with out giving ya a second look...
July 25th, 2005  
LIPS

Why would you have any doubts as to the correctness of the information that they have supplied for applying for this position?? If you are the person doing the hiring then ask for referees if they have not already been supplied and give them a call. Otherwise you may be starting off on the wrong foot with the future employee.(thats if you are the employer).

Or be upfront and ask them face to face.
--
Boots
July 25th, 2005  
Whispering Death

It's an aplicant for a command position in a 5,000 man paintball wargame, the largest of its kind in the world. Since communication is done over the internet we mostly communicate through email and anyone can claim to be anything over the internet.

As a tribute to the heros of DDay, the event draws a good number of past and present servicemen but almost never anyone of such high stature so we want to be sure he's legit and not a scheister. And as everybody knows the world has many more scheisters than army rangers.
July 25th, 2005  
03USMC

Ask him if he's a tabbed Ranger or a Batt Boy.

Ask him the name of the O Course at the Ranger School.
July 25th, 2005  
Missileer

If he's a vet, ask for a DD214 and say it's SOP for a command position. If he's presently in the service, he should be wearing dog tags with a number on it that's easy to check. Even if he has a set made, he'll know that a serial no. is easy to check out.
July 25th, 2005  
03USMC

Yeah his Ranger Tab and Jump Wings will be on his DD214.

But he may have no clue what a Serial/Service # is since they use the ssn now. I've run into Prive's who get a blank look on their face and say "Huh?" Oh you mean my Social
July 25th, 2005  
Pete031

Does he have a coin?
July 25th, 2005  
03USMC

Thing with Challenge Coins is you can buy them all day from the PX, Mail Order Companies and on line.
July 26th, 2005  
82ndMechanic

Ask him about the three different phases.

Ask him about the blueberry pancakes.