older recruite I am

Good luck with all your training big z. MOSQ'd? Not to familiar with all of the vanacular but your right to my knowledge it is OSUT. Thanks again for the info. Take care I will post more after the monday. I will be talking to the recruiter at that time and will have more questions I am sure.

just give me a call.. you have my number... but call at night eastern because i work and can't use my cell at work

you got it. have a good weekend talk to ya on Tuesday. And by the waty they already called me to confirm your referal. So I hope they give you madd props.

now that referrals are so important with uncle sam, they confirm them to make sure i am not referring the Los Angeles phone book.

An update for our general population... contrary to the bullspit dutch uncle posts in a few threads about my lil brother being 33... he is a couple weeks out from graduation and heading off to Airborne school soon... last APFT 270.

Take home point- quitting before you start because someone thinks you are too old is the mindset of a loser. If you want something, go take it and tell the naysayers to **** themselves. ;)

Here's the thing:

You will most definitely be able to get 11X (11B is not an entry level MOS). You can get Option 4 (airborne) or Option 40 (Ranger) in your contract if you're qualified and it's available.

Option 40 IS NOT Ranger School. It is basically giving you the chance to go to Ranger Indoctrination Program. If you pass, you go to 75th Ranger Regiment.

Good Luck

- From a Recruiting Station Commander

Pssst, check the date of the post sir... he's already in and about to go to Airborne Basic... thanks though.

Back