Okay, so there's this trend lately at my school... - Page 4

--
Boots

May 12th, 2005  
Focus Fate

Oh my God people. Camo isn't just reserved for the military or even people who want to join the military but "can't" (boo hoo), it's a style of clothing thats sold. If people want to wear it, they can. Why is everyone trying to act like the ****ing fashion police. LOL
May 12th, 2005  

Because it is reserved for the military (not so any more), and if you see somenone with a jacket with the patches and stuff do they realize that that is the uniform of the military? Men have died in the uniform, they should respect that.
May 12th, 2005  
Vitaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulli secundus
If it's the fake camo then I don't give a rats @$$. But if it's the real stuff with the patches and all then it ercks me a bit. Unless it belonged to someone in their family who served. Yeah, the whole "I'm a 'gansta', homie" is getting really old really really fast. Definitely if you go to a high school that is located in a middle school in the ghettos. At least 99% of the kids at the middle school are "gansters" and really need a reality check. Or a busted nose. My bus is the bus from h**l (that's putting it as a euphemism. no joke). Besides, who wants to talk ignorance? The reply I get the most "I'm represintin my heritage, dog" On the opposite end of the spectrum I see.
Haha you ride the big yellow taxi to school
--
Boots
May 12th, 2005  
LIBERTY

I cant say I like it too much myself. These "soldiers" or what ever they call themselfs are just a bunch of kids that think they are badas*es. But I've seen these "soldiers" try to pick fights and when one actually presents itself they run. Heh tells you something dont it?
May 12th, 2005  
Missileer

I just don't want to see fifteen year olds wearing a CIB or MOH on anything unless they earned them.
May 13th, 2005  
rotc boy

I doubt you'd see many 15 year old kids wearing MOH's...
and even if they did its breaking the rules about the MOH
only the original recipiant can wear it (thank you mail call :P )
May 13th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

You mean the laws right?
May 13th, 2005  
rotc boy

yeah, you know what i meant
May 17th, 2005  
danthepirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Eagle
The only people who should be able to wear camo to schools are people who are in Junior military groups (in the for of BDU's, and only if the instructers say it's okay), active military (Again, BDU's), or the instructors (For the third go, BDU's).

Also, if you're going to wear dog tags, wear real dog tags. My friend wears his dads old ones(in fact, he can recite the whole thing by heart).
ahh yes the good ol' american/mexican nazi man...yep. There is someone who should be able to where dog tags and camo and all that.
May 17th, 2005  
danthepirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by behemoth79
we shouldnt be wasting our time with these kind of people. there are only two reasons someone would wear real camo on campus. either they are part of the military or, in my case, unable to join the military for whatever reason but still have respect and want to show it, or it is to follow a trend. The prior i am completely fine with. I wear my arctic camo to show my support. However, in the latter case, anyone who feels they need to fit in by following a trend if already a loser in my book. if you are not happy with the way you are and feel that what you wear will change that, i honestly pity that person. camo is not comfortable when on for 8 hours. the only reason i can wear for mine that long is because it was broken in by my father when he was in the military.

I think that the whole idea of trying to be cool and trying to fit in has gone too far. I would hate to be there when the kids who are living this lifestyle of trying to be like the gangster (really its more like the picture rappers have drawn for a gangster that they are trying to be like) realize that they actually have a future to plan for.

AAAAAAAmen!