Obliterating Islamic State (ISIS) - Page 14




 
--
Boots
 
November 22nd, 2015  
Tuan
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
To counter the terrorists ideology is not a job for the military, that is something for the civilian societies. The military can provide with the short term solutions, but not for the long term solutions. That is the job for the state building, the creation of the civil societies to address.

That's exactly my point from the beginning. While counterterrorism is most often linked with the exercise of "hard power" (intelligence, law, policing, and military power), it must increasingly make use of "soft power" (political, social, and economic control, together with broader policy initiatives dealing with the environment, development, critical infrastructure, migration, and humanitarian intervention); in which a nation's civil society plays a vital role. That's why Professor Joseph Nye, who coined the term "soft power" wrote that a viable civil society would help mitigate violence.
November 22nd, 2015  
I3BrigPvSk
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuan
That's exactly my point from the beginning. While counterterrorism is most often linked with the exercise of "hard power" (intelligence, law, policing, and military power), it must increasingly make use of "soft power" (political, social, and economic control, together with broader policy initiatives dealing with the environment, development, critical infrastructure, migration, and humanitarian intervention); in which a nation's civil society plays a vital role. That's why Professor Joseph Nye, who coined the term "soft power" wrote that a viable civil society would help mitigate violence.
Professor Nye isn't the only one speaking about this, it has been discussed within conflict studies for a very long time when it comes to conflict resolutions and during reconciliation processes after armed conflicts.

European countries can take a closer look at how good they are to integrate other people into their societies. When people don't feel they are a part of the society economically, politically and socially. Be prepared for reactions
November 22nd, 2015  
lljadw
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOC
You are talking foolish the Russians are not using kit gloves. They are using the heavy back fire bombers (their equivalent to our B-52) and cruise missiles. They ran ~ 140 sorties in 3 days alone. Proof do some research.
140 sorties in 3 days ?

You think that will scare ISIS ? What would hurt ISIS is 500 sorties EVERY DAY .
A new Hamburg, a new Dresden : THAT will scare ISIS, all the rest is a wast of time .

As far as I know,Raqqa is still there : thus : KID GLOVES .
--
Boots
November 22nd, 2015  
lljadw
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
How have military interventions worked out in the past? Do your home work, dumb nut. The military can provide with the short term solutions, but it cannot solve the grievance in the region. The military interventions will create new enemies. I don't expect you to comprehend these things, my dead dog has greater comprehensions about these things than you do. You will not scare them with your solution, you will create a mess. You want to use nukes against another country, that makes you very similar as the ISIS.

The law enforcement and the legal system belongs to the civil society, are you twelve? You are so incompetent so I have a problem to take you seriously.
I don't care about the grievance in the region : we are at war ,and during WWII no one cared about the grievances of Germany .
November 22nd, 2015  
lljadw
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
Professor Nye isn't the only one speaking about this, it has been discussed within conflict studies for a very long time when it comes to conflict resolutions and during reconciliation processes after armed conflicts.

European countries can take a closer look at how good they are to integrate other people into their societies. When people don't feel they are a part of the society economically, politically and socially. Be prepared for reactions

As usual : it is our fault

It is not on us to integrate them : it is on them to adapt to our norms ,and if they do not like our norms ,the conclusion is : go back .

No one asked them to come .
November 23rd, 2015  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lljadw
I don't care about the grievance in the region : we are at war ,and during WWII no one cared about the grievances of Germany .
So you think they have become radicalised for fun?

Somewhere out there a Muslim kid is saying "Hey i'm bored got a spare explosive belt, I have nothing going on this afternoon so I thought I would spread myself all over mall somewhere".

If you think people become terrorists in a vacuum you are horribly deluded to the point of being dangerously naive, these people exist because they have a grievance whether it is real, perceived or a mixture of both it largely irrelevant as it clearly is powerful enough to attract followers.

So yes there is a military aspect to defeating armed terrorism but there is also a political and social aspect to fight as well in order to reduce the numbers flocking to these groups.
November 23rd, 2015  
lljadw
 
That's not correct : the aim of these people is to force the world population to become muslim and to kill everyone who refuses to convert.

There are no social causes fot ISIS,to say that there are social causes is proving that one tries to use "western" arguments to explain what's happening outside the west .

People outside the west are living in an other culture,in an other world .

As Kipling said :west is west and east is east and they never shall encounter each other .


If someone is saying : we must understand their motives, he is very dangerously close to say :we must talk to them ,which is : we must negotiate, we must compromise ,we must surrender .

One does not talk,compromise, negotiate with criminals : one kills them .

Was there some one in the US on 9 december 1941 who said :there is a political and social aspect to fight against Japan, we must know the grievances of Tojo, of the Japanese ?

No : the answer was : inconditional surrender .

It must be the same answer today .No talking,but shooting .
November 23rd, 2015  
Backinblack
 
Russian Military Write a Messages on Bombs 'For Paris!'

http://mil.today/2015/Syria34/
November 23rd, 2015  
I3BrigPvSk
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lljadw
That's not correct : the aim of these people is to force the world population to become muslim and to kill everyone who refuses to convert.

There are no social causes fot ISIS,to say that there are social causes is proving that one tries to use "western" arguments to explain what's happening outside the west .

People outside the west are living in an other culture,in an other world .

As Kipling said :west is west and east is east and they never shall encounter each other .


If someone is saying : we must understand their motives, he is very dangerously close to say :we must talk to them ,which is : we must negotiate, we must compromise ,we must surrender .

One does not talk,compromise, negotiate with criminals : one kills them .

Was there some one in the US on 9 december 1941 who said :there is a political and social aspect to fight against Japan, we must know the grievances of Tojo, of the Japanese ?

No : the answer was : inconditional surrender .

It must be the same answer today .No talking,but shooting .
I'm really happy you aren't a policy maker.
November 23rd, 2015  
lljadw
 
I am also happy that you are not making western policy, otherwise we would all shout Allah Akhbar several times a day .

We are at war, and the essence of a war is not to talk but to kill.

All the rest result in surrender .

If you don't want to kill in a war, you are lost .
 


Similar Topics
Syrian Kurds battle Islamic State in northeast
U.S. fears Islamic State is making serious inroads in Libya
Islamic State says it's holding 'Israeli spy' in Syria
Iranian Phantom jet strikes the Islamic State in Iraq - IHS Jane's 360
Islamic State says executes second Lebanese soldier