Not my Flag!!!!! - Page 5

--
Boots

January 22nd, 2005  
Charge 7

You only backed up my statement. It's an easy thing to do. Working for change is beyond their willingness to make an effort. Again, it symbolizes us _all_ those for and _opposed_ to the current administration. They defame themselves as well as anybody else.
January 22nd, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
You only backed up my statement. It's an easy thing to do. Working for change is beyond their willingness to make an effort. Again, it symbolizes us _all_ those for and _opposed_ to the current administration. They defame themselves as well as anybody else.

so what you are saying is that you can make and easy statement (burn the flag) or work for change, but not both?
January 22nd, 2005  
Charge 7

No, I'm saying the previlence of burning flags is an easy cop-out. Not a real effort and it doesn't even really make the point they intend as they fail to realize the flag flies for all views - their's included.
--
Boots
January 22nd, 2005  
Missileer

I've just had a very interesting thought of how you can check out the different feelings and reactions to flag burning in America. Now listen closely and don't do these in reverse so that you will be able to complete both tasks.
First, burn a flag in the midst of a group like Move On or the ACLU. Now repeat the act in the midst of a platoon of Marines while completely out of camera range.
This is not necessarily to Chewie but to anyone who wonders about what the flag really means to some of us.
January 22nd, 2005  
Marksman

Quote:
Well the Maple Leaf Flag is what? 50 years old? You don't have the history with it that we do with the Stars and Stripes. Also, those very stars are a visible sign of our union - the bars a sign of our hard fought for independance. I will admit, however, that having a Canadian flag on a US hockey team locker room floor was poorly done. I'll have to take your word on that though as I have no knowledge of it. I'm sure the feeling though was in regards to your hockey team though and not your nation. Not really the same thing as the picture at the start of this topic.
i dont think ur the right person to mind someone,expecially canadians,for the leinght of their existance,and the existance of their flag,remember,u are only 300 years old too,and yet dont show a piece of respect to some OLDER nations in world,think about it charge_7,and as for flag issue,its a crime to show dissrespect to any countries flag in that manner,especailly your own,id habg that SOB by his balls on that pole right next to him if i were american....

Mod Edit: Another PS message like that, and we'll delete you from this forum. Understood? Good. Carry on.
January 22nd, 2005  
Joe252

i dont care about how old the flag is it doesnt matter.....he has the right of freedom of SPEECH not draw and disrespect the entire nation....hippies are hippies there all over 50 years old...we really wouldnt have to worry about nothin.......i mean one of my teachers is a hippie sort of and hes cool (he screamed that he got laid at 15 and he had protection out of no where) The peace symbol hmmm..how can there be peace if there is people like saddam out there invadeing countrys killing his own people for no reason.....basicly he is saying that he doesnt think the soldiers are dieing for cause and there life is waisting away..well just screw him he doesnt matter what can he do? i bet he cant even work a gun there for own one
January 22nd, 2005  
Chinaman

america is still very divided, ask any of my NYC homies and they'll tell u exactly the opposite of what u want to hear
January 22nd, 2005  
Sexybeast

clearly, those people do not care about the soldiers who died for that flag..

they are just thinking about themselves..not their country

i see too much ppl like them today
January 22nd, 2005  
chewie_nz

Removed by Admin! It is possible to present your opinions in a bit more polite way than that!
January 22nd, 2005  
Charge 7

My post about the age of the Maple Leaf flag was not intended to show any kind of disrespect. Rather just to indicate how much of a lexicon it is with it's people. Marksman, where at any point did I say anything at all about any other nations? You call us a young nation and seem to feel that "300 years" is a trifle. Well it's actually 400 years minus 2 since Jamestown was founded. Far beyond the memory of living people. Our flag is 228 years old if you include the Bennington flag which predates the circle of 13 stars later made famous. Again far beyond the memory of living people. The same cannot be said for the Maple Leaf flag. That is _not_ a disparagement only a statement of fact. I'm sure the Maple Leaf flag is very dear to Canadians. I never said that it wasn't. My only point was that it doesn't have the long identity with the nation that our's does. So many of you "older" countries also seem to forget that although the land you are on has been inhabited for many ages your governments cannot all say the same. So many of you have gone through dozens of governments in fact while we remain the same. We are older than many of you.