Not Mine, But Still Pretty Good

Mwashu

These are basic stories from my boyfriend. He trained on Sand Hill at Fort Benning, GA. Anyways, I'm gonna change the names 'cause one, I don't remember all of 'em, and two, they don't know I'm typin' this. So you know... Anyway, the stories:

Both are about the same guy, Charlie. The first one involved a night training, uh... MUDF, Movement Under Direct Fire, right? So it's real dark, and they're runnin' the course, and when they get to the end they're supposed to lay down on the ground and wait for the Drill Sergeants. Only the guy in front of Charlie gets up and starts to walk off. So Charlie yells, "Get the F*CK down!" and the guy turns to Charlie and replies, "This is LTC Nelson, private!" and stalks off.

Same guy, and they're in formation, just standing there. And someone behind poor Charlie's talkin'. So Charlie turns around and goes, "Shut the F*ck up!" straight to the Drill Sergeants face.

I just think it's kinda ironic that these two similar things happened to the same poor guy.

There's another guy, a real moron, who kept doing ADs out on Bivouac. They'd be sitting, just pulling guard duty when all of a sudden a few rounds shoot off and every body dives into their positions searching the woodline for some enemies. Instead, they hear this lousy SOB call out, "Sorry! That was me!"

Another time, a guy was sleeping in his fox hole so the Drill Sergeant jumps down there and fires off a few rounds before the guy wakes up and gets chewed out for letting the enemy sneak up on him like that. He had a decent excuse, though. Poor guy was pulling 24 hour guard duty because of some screw up in the scheduling.

Yes, you are exactly right. I'm surprised he didn't at least learn his lesson the first time... ^_^

If I could remember who it actually was, I might be able to tell you what eventually happened to him. I know there was one guy who was alwys doin' things wrong (i.e. taking a camera on bivouac and taking photos of everyone posing in their gear) and in the end, he didn't pass the final PT Test and they didn't let him have a second try, while others were being offered the re-take.

Another time, a guy was sleeping in his fox hole so the Drill Sergeant jumps down there and fires off a few rounds before the guy wakes up and gets chewed out for letting the enemy sneak up on him like that. He had a decent excuse, though. Poor guy was pulling 24 hour guard duty because of some screw up in the scheduling.

That was a MAJOR problem with my daughter's TI at Lackland. According to my daughter, the TI's husband was injured overseas due to someone screwing up guard duty... and she wasn't going to let anyone in her group screw it up!

Back