No Business Links In My Fundraising

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Washington Post
August 12, 2008
Pg. 12
Regarding your Aug. 6 front-page article "Bundler Collects From Unlikely Donors":
I am indeed a fundraiser for various candidates from both parties. However, I take exception to the intimation in the article that ties this activity to my company's work delivering oil to our troops in Iraq.
First and foremost, our first Defense Department contract was awarded in 2004, long before even this lengthy presidential campaign began. Your article was correct that we were not the low bidder but neglected to mention that the low bidder failed in 30 days to deliver even a single drop of oil. In light of that failure, the Defense Department turned to us, the second-lowest bidder. We have consistently delivered millions of gallons of oil since then and have won two successive re-bids, along with commendations from the Defense Department for exemplary performance in a highly dangerous assignment.
Finally, we have met with Rep. Henry A. Waxman (D-Calif.) and his staff and have been fully cooperating with them in their inquiry, since we have nothing to hide.
Harry Sargeant III, President, International Oil Trading Co., Boca Raton, Fla.

Back