Nice and easy question. You can't abstain ! - Page 2

View Poll Results :Was the war on Iraq worth it / right or was it wrong ?
Worth it / right. 27 77.14%
Wrong. 5 14.29%
I dunno. 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

August 3rd, 2004  
Sgt. Nick Fury

I do feel it was the right thing to do, and that the Iraqi people will benefit from it in the long run. They are much more appreciative then western media is likely to show, as showing anything posative is not "chic". You don't hear how Iraqi's now have better schools, hospitals, better water supplies, and electricity then they had before the war. Once the Iraqi's can see a brighter future they will be more inclined to help put down the thugs of Saddam's old regime who realize they have no future in a new iraq......nor should they given the horrible things they did to their own people. The costs of this war are great (just losing one of our soldiers lives is a great loss), however compared to any previous military operation of this magnitude, it has been the most successful in modern history. With minimal loss of life. (Comparatively speaking to say Vietnam, Korea, etc.) A stable region at the worlds largest oil supply is vital for economic stability, and economic stability is the biggest factor in ensuring peace through out the world.

That said, not to be cold hearted...but if it was wrong? Well it's an evil monkey world. Every once in ahwile the top evil monkey needs to beat another little evil monkey down, just so the other evil monkey's don't lose respect and think about trying something. =P Let's face it whose gonna miss that dirt bag or his filthy sadistic sons. Least he gets to serve one last purpose.

August 3rd, 2004  
otterbear2468

That is a very hard question, I dont know what to say.
August 3rd, 2004  
Damien

Totally worth it and right, from my point of view... Hussein is out of power, Iraq has a democratic government, and Americans gained another opportunity to show that we are indeed a superpower and can easily take down a dictatorial government.

Of course that's just my opinion...
--
Boots
April 26th, 2005  
Desert_Eagle

It was the right thing to do.

Quote:
If you ask me, Saddam had it coming for 12 years. We shoulda kicked his ass in '91. This war was long overdue. Dubya is just finishing what his paw didn't.
I agree