Next US President

Whoever we have next as president better be as strong willed and aggressive as the current president is. Our enemy needs to understand that we (the US) are not owned by the UN, and any threats or attacks will be dealt with accordingly, regardless of what the world thinks. I honestly believe that whoever comes next, should either be a Republican, or adopt that part of their theology.

Whoever we have next as president better be as strong willed and aggressive as the current president is. Our enemy needs to understand that we (the US) are not owned by the UN, and any threats or attacks will be dealt with accordingly, regardless of what the world thinks. I honestly believe that whoever comes next, should either be a Republican, or adopt that part of their theology.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

yeah...i just dont think that we are ready for a woman president. lol..what yall think about that?

It's more a matter of which woman than women in general. In my experience women are more against a woman president in principle than men are, the reason, when I ask, is that women are supposedly too compassionate. I think the issue with Hillary is quite the opposite.

im all for equality bt men and women..but i just dont think we are ready for a woman president no matter who it is. but then thats just my opinion. lol

I say we got what a year and half until elections....

Is this really how sad our government and news organizations have become...

I mean the waste of money that must be going on right now having campaign parties...

Nope corporate America has def. not bought America....

I mean gosh after our most recent elections the Democrats where supposed to fix the gas prices, they have gone up, and well they pretty much said they where going to save the world...haven't seen anything happen yet...Well other than talking about who is going to run for president and that we need to withdraw from Iraq...

"The Republican Party is the party of bad ideas and the Democratic Party is the party of no ideas. A Republican stands up in Congress and says 'I have a bad idea!' and a Democrat stands and says 'I know how to make it worse!'" ~ Lewis Black

"The Republican Party is the party of bad ideas and the Democratic Party is the party of no ideas. A Republican stands up in Congress and says 'I have a bad idea!' and a Democrat stands and says 'I know how to make it worse!'" ~ Lewis Black

lol thats funny

Looking back in retrospect, I think Bush was a disaster, and Kerry a lame duck. Don't know which is worse. A bad president or a lame duck

Funny looking at these old posts....

I wonder how many of the Bush supporters have since regretted their decision. With a popularity at 28%, making him one of the worst presidents in US history I hate to be snide say "I told you so", but there it is.

I doubt Kerry would have been a "good" president, he was basically the democrats version of Mitt Romney, a arrogant phoney willing to say anything to get elected, but a sea slug would have made a better president than Bush. We will be cleaning up the mess he made for at least a decade if not longer.

Funny looking at these old posts....

I wonder how many of the Bush supporters have since regretted their decision. With a popularity at 28%, making him one of the worst presidents in US history I hate to be snide say "I told you so", but there it is.

The same is said about obama lol,...hes running low on popularity and is sitting in office due to the color of his skin and not the content of his mind..Bush, on the other hand did what he could during 9/11 which I give him much credit for,...now I wonder what obama would've done if he was president during that time & day??? he might have called a "tea time" talk with terrorist...lol...

It's not so much 9/11 that critics of Bush have a problem with, it's all the years that came after that.
Currently, the challenges are so great that I don't think anyone can really turn things around in a hurry. The issues are deep and have been created over a long period of time.

The same is said about obama lol,...hes running low on popularity and is sitting in office due to the color of his skin and not the content of his mind..Bush, on the other hand did what he could during 9/11 which I give him much credit for,...now I wonder what obama would've done if he was president during that time & day??? he might have called a "tea time" talk with terrorist...lol...

Can it? 45% approval vs. 28%.

You forget that a bipartisan committee found that both Bush and Clinton had missed the warning signs that led up to 9-11. The infamous FBI warning "bin laden determined to strike US" that was a month before the attacks, that warning went unheeded. I found that to be highly negligent. He might have not been able to stop 9-11 but he certainly could have been better prepared. If Obama had made an error like that the right-wing would have crucified him.

You suggest that Obama was elected because of skin color? For some people yes. I don't have a problem with it because black people have always been treated badly in this country. It was time they got a chance at bat.
I would make just the opposite point, people voted AGAINST him because of his color. Especially those in the birther movement who seem absolutely determined that nobody of color ever be elected again.

I voted for him, and it wasn't because of his skin color. I voted for him because the other guy wanted to continue down the same path as Bush, which was the last thing I wanted. You think Obama is dumb? Hardly. They don't let dumb people into Harvard law school. You might disagree with his politics, but he far sharper than most people, certainly smarter than Bush. I never thought Bush was stupid, I thought he was intellectually lazy. Bush problem was that he had this allergic reaction to anything academic he based his decisions on what he felt was right and refused to listen to more knowledgeable people. The result was disastrous, because his "gut" was most often wrong.

After 9-11 there is no way to tell what Obama would have done but I can tell for a fact what Obama WOULDN'T have done. He wouldn't have gotten us involved in Iraq. No question on that.

Would I vote for him again? Maybe. Depends on how things are in 2012 and who else is running. I am dissappointed so far, but its far from a complete clusterf**k. Obama inherited one hell of a mess from Bush so I can cut him some slack for awhile, but he had better be able to prove he can fix the mess...or else Ill look for someone who can. Same goes for the GOP, so far the "Pledge to America" failed to impress me. It looks like the same old GOP to me, tax-cuts for millionaires, uncontrolled spending, and the middle class getting the shaft. I trust the GOP far less on the economy than i do the democrats.

Needless to say if the GOP nominee is Sarah Palin or someone other pushing a radical far-right agenda...you can already mark me down for Obama. Personally unless Obama makes a catastrophic error the GOP is doomed to lose with such a candidate. Chances are though Obama's going to be re-elected. Why? I think the economy will be better in 2012 than now, I think his healthcare law will become popular (all laws of this type have been historically), we will be out of Iraq and possibly Afghanistan. Plus the fact that its extremely difficult to oust a sitting president, in the past 60 years only 2 presidents seeking re-election have lost.

Last edited:
Obama was elected for the D next to his name on the ballot, obviously not for his experience as he had almost none, unless you include 10 years in the most corrupt political system in the US. So far Obama seems like he is trying to out-Bush Bush. Deficits are far higher than at any other time in US history, Obama seems to be headed towards making a push for another stimulus package, and last I checked, the most recent defense budget was at $725 billion a year.

I have to disagree with you on the healthcare issue. While Obama did everything he could, I think it will be known as a failure by the Democrats because there was so much infighting about the bill and it became very watered down. I do not believe it to be on par with Social Security or Medicare in terms of its size and scope. Plus, many insurance providers are electing not to cover children at all as opposed to having to take on children with pre-existing conditions, which is problematic. Something needs to be done, and I hope this bill was only the first step (hopefully one in the right direction) because on its own I don't believe it will actually accomplish much. My roommate has already graduated and thus was dropped from her parent's health insurance, she's uninsured right now, and the number of uninsured is still increasing, and we have an agreement that if anything serious comes up, we will sign a marriage certificate and add her to my Tricare. It's a shitty situation, but she's my friend and if anything happens I would feel compelled to help.

I kind of agree with you on the economic aspect though. Before I came to terms with the fact that I'm a conservative, I always said the best situation, in my opinion, would be a Republican President with a Democratic controlled Congress. Now though, I feel that when it comes to money, both parties are more or less the same, and just spend every dime they can get their hands on and billions more that they do not actually have. Perhaps we need to take more cues from local government, everytime a new program comes up for a vote, it will have an attached dedicated tax or require a public vote on a bond to fund the program. Or, every year the budget is limited to the amount of money that was collected the previous year so we no longer have this issue where the budget is based on calculations of expected tax income from the coming year. Finally, I think it is time for a balanced budget amendment, four years ago I was staunchly against it, but unfortunately politicians cannot be trusted with money.

Damien

Good Post. A few issues.

1. You have to give Obama more credit that that. Remember he took down not one but TWO political powerhouses. The "D" next to his name, helped against McCain but he also humbled the most powerful democrat in Washington D.C and that was no simple task. As for the "no experiance", only partially true. He had 10 years as a state senator and almost a full term as a US senator. Less than McCain or Clinton, yes. But far more than the current GOP prodigy Sarah Palin.

2. Deficits are higher, but remember only 80-90% is carried over from Bush. There is some new spending yes, but its largely carry-over. Most to the new spending is geared toward jump starting the economy, which is in bad need of it. The HC is designed to alleviate Medicare costs, we will see how effective it is. The motto "spend money to make money" is particularly true.

3. The HC bill success because its the first MAJOR HC reform bill to pass in 70 years. Every other attempt Johnson, Edward Kennedy, Clinton, to get the system changed failed. So Obama succeeded where greater men failed. Even the Republicans have since changed their tune. Instead of being against the HC bill totally, they are now pushing for "their" version of the HCR that coincidentally looks alot like Obama's. And of course Obama's bill is heavily borrowed from Mitt Romney Healthcare when he was Governor of MA. It would seem that the GOP plan is not to destroy HC reform anymore but to try and steal the credit for it.

I agree that the bill doesn't do much BUT, the bill does change some of the most dishonest business practices of the HMOs. You mentioned child carry over Ill add closing the donut hole as well, that means 1 Million new seniors are not getting their prescriptions reimbursed. Plus remember, 40 Million Americans just got healthcare insurance through small business tax incentives, thats no small feat. Still, Its not great, I am still on the UHC bandwagon, but its a start and Obama deserves the credit for it.

4. The fact it the GOP is simply untrustworthy in economics. For all their talk about small government the fact they have NEVER managed to balance the budget speaks volumes. The Democrats have done it twice. The tax and spend democrats of the 1970s have been replaced by Reagans borrow and spend Republicans. A balanced budget amendment? Nice idea but the reality is the GOP would never go for it.

Back