New Zealand Nazi Pizza

--
Boots

August 25th, 2007  
phoenix80

Topic: New Zealand Nazi Pizza

New Zealand Nazi Pizza

Sat, Aug 25, 2007 at 9:35:11 am PDT

The owners of a New Zealand restaurant chain thought it would be amusing to use an image of one of history’s worst mass murderers to sell pizza.

After complaints, they removed Hitler from their ads and replaced him with Pope Benedict.

Quote:
New Zealand restaurant chain Hell Pizza is currently under fire for placing posters featuring the man who triggered World War II and was responsible for the genocide of millions of people on billboards in four cities across the country. The ad features Hitler sieg-heiling with a slice in his hands and the slogan: “It is possible to make people believe that heaven is hell,” a quote attributed to Hitler.
“We thought that people would be able to see a funny side to a guy doing a ‘sieg heil’ salute with a piece of pizza in his hand,” Kirk MacGibbon of the Auckland-based Cinderella advertising agency said. “If you laugh at something, you take its power away.” However he added that “there are certain things we are still unable to laugh about” and said there had been a handful of complaints from Jewish residents.
The company has abandoned the Hitler campaign, but it still isn’t shying away from controversy. Its new advertising poster boy is Pope Benedict XVI, who is shown with a slice of pizza along with the quote: “Hell is real and eternal.”
August 25th, 2007  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix80
New Zealand Nazi Pizza

Sat, Aug 25, 2007 at 9:35:11 am PDT

The owners of a New Zealand restaurant chain thought it would be amusing to use an image of one of history’s worst mass murderers to sell pizza.

After complaints, they removed Hitler from their ads and replaced him with Pope Benedict.
To be honest I don't think you will find a Kiwi that cares a whole lot about this in fact I suspect many will have a good laugh about it.

Incidentally I thoroughly recommend the Mordor.
August 26th, 2007  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
To be honest I don't think you will find a Kiwi that cares a whole lot about this in fact I suspect many will have a good laugh about it.

Incidentally I thoroughly recommend the Mordor.
I can understand that. It is perhaps time to move on?
--
Boots
August 26th, 2007  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
I can understand that. It is perhaps time to move on?
I think so.
I am a big fan of the theory that while we should never forget the past we shouldn't dwell on it either.

Besides had they have used Stalin no one would have cared yet he out killed Hitler by a sizable amount (hell even Pol Pot gave him a good run for his money) so there is a certain level of double standards being applied here.
August 26th, 2007  
Infern0

A Hells Pizza billboard from Auckland- “Hell - Too Good For Some Evil Bastards”.

http://www.print.duncans.tv/2007/hel...evil-bastards/
August 26th, 2007  
phoenix80

These guys seem to be nuts!
August 26th, 2007  
Infern0

Quote:
These guys seem to be nuts!

nope, they just know their market.

they go for "edgy" marketing and for the most part it works for them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_Pizza

plus their pizza's are very very tasy imo....and they have vegan ones. which keeps my partner happy while i eat a meat lovers one lol
August 26th, 2007  
phoenix80

It goes to show the collective mindset of NZ people then. And they're nuts!
August 26th, 2007  
Infern0

Quote:
It goes to show the collective mindset of NZ people then. And they're nuts!

care to explain that one to me there champ?
August 26th, 2007  
phoenix80

^^^read again, dude ^^^