new wargame ideas

diplomatic_means

This thread is for posting fun ideas for new ways to do war games. My thoughts are that someone should develop a full body kevlar suit just strong enough to stop low caliber bullets. Then we can stop playing with these wimpy airsoft guns and paintball guns and everyone uses .22s. People could manufacture look alike .22 machine guns, submachine guns etc. The best part about this idea is you no longer have to worry about distance and wind so much because they can shoot quite the range. The only hard part about this would be creating areas safe to play in :? Nonethless this would be more realistic than anything else out there and thus the most amount of fun. The only thing even close to this is the military's version of lasertag. Man those guns are ridiculously bulky. What do you think of my idea and what ideas do you have?

Nonethless this would be more realistic than anything else out there and thus the most amount of fun.

If you want realisim and to get shot at with real bullets, why not just join the military? There is nothing fun about getting shot, with a .22 or otherwise.

You should try the Norwegian Army's Tactical Training center... :wink:
It will be one of the best (THE best...?) simulated combat systems in the world when it's completely up and running in 2005.

Been there last week.

Laser systems on all weapons, including tanks and APCs, portable AT systems etc...
Personal vests with GPS, so we can monitor the movement of every soldier and vehicle.
The possibility to use artillery, gas and minefields, since we know the exact possition of every "player".
You doesn't only get killed, but many different types of injuries that a medic can/must threat. (with a PDA)
And the vehicles kan get communication kills, weapon kills or total kills....
(from weapons, minefields or artillery)
There are several sensors on the vests and vehicles, so an exact hit point is calcutaled. (arm, chest, leg etc...)

Everything is monitored real time on portable computers in the field, and in the exercise control room..

It's probably the closest (and safest) you can get to actual combat...

It's produced by SAAB training systems.
You can find some of the equipment here (we have a bit more than this.. :wink: )
http://products.saab.se/PDBWeb/Gene...uctCategory&ProductCategoryId=117&CompanyId=9

I can imagine a .22 round would definitely hurt RnderSafe that's why we of course would have to be prepared with full body kevlar armor just heavy enough to stop point blanc .22 shots. IF someone developed those for relatively cheap this would be absolutely awesome. Not to mention you also gain a sense of the sound and smell of the battlefield. Sound and smell in a war game game can be one of the coolest parts of the game. Sound and smell is hard to reenact with lasers. I know the US laser tag simulation system is just a bunch of bulky vests and add on "laser guns" to the M4s, and all the other guns they carry then they just load blanks into the chambers. .22s are definitely the way to go.

I don't know... I'm thinking it is going to be kind of hard to get a .22 war game going, and getting everyone the idea of being protected, and having a kevlar suit to stop a bullet in all places.

I agree with RnderSafe... if you want action join the military.

Popeye said:
I don't know... I'm thinking it is going to be kind of hard to get a .22 war game going, and getting everyone the idea of being protected, and having a kevlar suit to stop a bullet in all places.

I agree with RnderSafe... if you want action join the military.

Agree with both of you...

A .22 would not be safe, unless you are completely covered in kevlar (or something similar..)
And I would never want to be shot at by a .22 (or any other caliber...).

Laser systems is the closest and safest we can get to real life combat.
And we do get both the sound and smell you want Diplomatic....

Join the military, and have fun, I do (most of the time..) :D

I got shot one time with a 20 gauge. Not as bad as it sounds, just a few bbs in the back of my shoulder, and my coat absorbed most of the impact, but even that hurt like a son of a gun. If you really want to go out and shoot your buddies, all I can say is it won't hurt the gene pool. :lol:
But seriously, a .22 long rifle won't just hurt you, granted it doesn't have the same chance of causing a fatal injury a larger caliber or higher velocity round does, but it will still do your business for you.
Anyway, even if you did have this bullet-proof suit (with kevlar over all joints and bullet-proof goggles), after a couple hits you would have to replace it, to my knowledge kevlar is not reusable.

Redneck said:
after a couple hits you would have to replace it, to my knowledge kevlar is not reusable.

Nope, you should replace it after just one hit...
It can probably take some more hits, but I wouldn't risk it...

Excellent point Redneck.... and overall I really don't think anyone would try it lol. I know I wouldn't = kevlar suit or not, you are dealing with real guns here... even tho it is a .22, 1 mistake is enough to say bye - and I don't think you would be getting any insurance or sponsors for the kevlar :lol:

You should just find a crazy friend, have him start on 1 side of the field, you on other and track each other down... if you are good enough - you'll win ;)

hello

Dude, 0.22 can kill! What are you frickin nuts? I mean I like you and all Diplomatic Means, but your crazier then me(and I joined a "rock fight" in which we threw rocks and oranges at each other...). I mean a M16 is 5.56 which is 0.221...Our handguns in the Civil Guard are .22s....Ouch!I mean, it might not kill you, but if it gets contact with you(and there is no such thing as perfect body suits...) your gonna scream your self to sleep....I mean OUCH! I never got shot, and Im keeping it that way..My mother shot my grandmother on mistake with an airgun, and by the stories, even that really hurts..But a .22?! What about the face?! Im in for paintball, Im in for Airsofting(though I never did airsofting) but real guns?!?!?!?!OUCH!

What Im intrested in though, is getting some vehiecles into the Painball thing...Maybe a Leopard...?Just kidding!

But really, OUCH! No, I dont like that idea at all!

Edit-Oh, and if it's a man hunt you want, get better guns then 0.22....Maybe a SPAS 12?

ok fine new idea! :idea: kevlar body armor and pellet/BB guns. a pellet or BB isn't going to hurt a kevlar suit at all. Nice enough BB/pellet guns can get a much better muzzle velocity too. Those don't kill even if you do get hurt. My cousin took two BBs from a BB handgun at point blanc to the side of his stomach and he said it hurt but far from life threatening. BBs and pellet still aren't quite as accurate as a long rifle but still much more accurate than a paintball or airsoft gun. How about that? Anyone with me? :rambo:

Now I think the question is would you even feel the BB with the kevlar suit... lol.

Just go BB's and masks - and shoot your oponent before he shoots you! :rambo:

:lol: We used to do that when I was about 10 back home (no protective gear, though), but I put that down to the idiocy of childhood. One of the kids caught a pellet right between his eye-teeth, broke them both out.

Isn't that pretty much what airsoft is?

If you want pain, just get yourself some MILES gear and rig up a car battery on your back so everytime you get shot it sends a shock into your genitals.

I wouldn't do well in the military as much fun as it would be to join and go fight somewhere if there isn't a war going on I would be bored as all get out. I've got the spirit of Patton in me. If I was going to join I'd better be at the front lines at all times or I'm going to get on my officers nerves. I know we have civil war reenactments all the time but what ever happened to WW2 reenactments. I wanna play Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory in the flesh not through a LAN. Would the Norwegian laser tag simulator be able to simulate D-Day with the original tommy guns and german machine guns etc? If I had a genie my one wish would be to join the Marines in a war game exercise. I hope ther is war games in the after life. I need something to do.

Someone is trigger happy. Yes, there are still WWII reenactments, atleast on the east coast around the border states.

They just had the Battle of the Bulge one in the winter and there are many coming up!

Hahaha, where do you live? I hear of reenactments all over the USofA.

I'll see if I can find out some info for ya.

And prolly because the coasts are most populated. :lol:

Well if you don't know where my location is I can say I'm a little over an hour west of Madison, WI and my actual home is an hour south of Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. Thanks for looking into that for me.

I looked through the site and just kind of finally realized it would be more fun to watch a reenactment then be in one. If you are in one you are required to fight and win or lose like the side you are on. I don't think I would be able to lose. If I were a german reenactor then I'd be on that MG 42 mowing down everyone that touches sand in a D Day reenactment. Forget history I need a wargame that isn't predecided. :rambo:

Back