It looks like the Army may have a good thing going with this boot

GORE-TEX® Fabric Bootie: Durably Waterproof, Breathable
VIBRAM® Premium Tread Outsole
CORDURA® Nylon Fabric
Waterproof Full Grain Leather Engineered for Superior Breathability
Surlyn Box Toe
Polyurethane Removable Insert
Extensive Foam Padding Under and Around the Foot

So far it feels pretty damn good. BUT I still need to field test it. A 12 miles road march and a couple of days "movement to contact" with the infantry will prove how good these boots really are.

Does anyone else have this boot???
October 19th, 2004  
Redneck

Never worn it myself, I still have 4 pair of the old issue, but one of my buddies has them, and although he has nothing but good things to say about them as far as comfort goes, he did mention they were a bit on the heavy side. I doubt that would be an issue for me since I've never had a pair of combat boots that weighed more than my Double-H packers, but it might be something to consider. (again, this is all second hand)
October 20th, 2004  
MilidarUSMC

those look exactly like the new USMC tan boots that they issue and the ones i got issued. ive gone through basic w/ them and have 0 complaints. ive done 10mi. road march, and the entire crucible w/ them btw. they feel really good and now i wear them all the time (except in civies)
--
October 20th, 2004  
SAINT

Are they heavy?

I like strong but lighter boots
October 20th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilidarUSMC
those look exactly like the new USMC tan boots that they issue and the ones i got issued. ive gone through basic w/ them and have 0 complaints. ive done 10mi. road march, and the entire crucible w/ them btw. they feel really good and now i wear them all the time (except in civies)
It's made by the same company. One boot is just made for the sand box

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINT
Are they heavy?

I like strong but lighter boots
I picked up my jump boots and then the new boots. It seems the new boots are a little lighter than my jump boots.

I wish I had a scale
October 20th, 2004  
MilidarUSMC

at first as a nasty recruit they felt heavy but they are really quite light...ive ran enough miles in them and didnt feel all the encumbered.
October 20th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

I am guessing that heavy feeling comes from having a thicker sole. Even though my jump boots are heavier, they actually feel lighter than the new boots. Adding an inch of material under your foot may cause you to think that the boot is heavier.

It's my best guess
October 21st, 2004  
SAINT

For boots, I think most important is that they must be comfortable.
And you almost forget you're wearing them.
October 21st, 2004  
A Can of Man

Anyone who's done a lot of moving or running will appriciate the value of great foot gear.
October 21st, 2004  
SFC

When I was with the 7th Infantry Division we marched 25 miles a day in 10 hours and when we had to do a hundred mile march in four days there was no such thing as a comfortable boot

SFC