New tank.




 
--
 
December 7th, 2005  
sandy
 

Topic: New tank.




This is image picture of New tank.
According to the report
The weight of this tank is about 40 tons
120mmL50 or L55.
1200hp diesel & gus turbine APU
of course,have C4Ⅰ
You worry that ,armour of lighter tank is inferior .
But this tank have module armour,can be strengthened easy.
But someone say module armour is non reliable.
New tank should be heavy armoured heavy tank.
How do you think about this tank.
December 7th, 2005  
FO Seaman
 
 
It seems to be the new Janapese Type-90. It looks like a copy of the Leo 2A4 to me.

Now the question is, is this modular armor strong enough to stop a Sabot or HEAT round for that matter. IMO this seems to be quite light and fast, but facing other tanks would be a problem. The M1A1/A2, Challenger 2, and Leopard 2 all have heavy, thick, composite armors that are very good at their jobs, if one where to face this one, it looks as if a round would go right though.

The Chally 2 and M1A2 both use Chobham as armor which stops pretty much anything. The Leo 2 uses resins and lighter metals which do fairly well.

The 120mm is quite nice, it also seems to have a copy of the American M2HB .50cal.

It seems to be almost equal to any western tank.

But it can't be fully judge until it has seen combat.
December 7th, 2005  
godofthunder9010
 
 
In my eyes, a good solid design, but lacking in the Armor Sloping department. The best sloping of surfaces on any design I'm aware of is the Israeli Merkava.

Should be a great tank. Japan and SK both have some very solid designs.
--
December 7th, 2005  
Missileer
 
 
I read about it online and it has a lot of niceties that I like but I don't care for the flat sides on the turret. Still, a good all around MBT.
December 7th, 2005  
Wham-size
 
well the challenger 2 has the newest armour of any of the three stated tanks it has chobham mk2 were the abrams us mk1 with a little update in it.
that challenger 2 has in many way the best anti tank gun on th market it rifled before some goes that rifled not good there wroung as you can fire hesh round were you can't fire from smooth bore everone going smoothbore cos the US made there stand cos they don't see the militry use of hesh round.
but then some go you can't fire heat round from a rifled gun cos the spin make it lose pentention of the metal jet. but you can as yyou can put bering on the round to stop spin and you can use all type of round.
but i think module armour is ok for quick reponse unit like the the us marines and the royal green jacket to use to puta foot hold for a bigger force
but new tank have a lot to life up to in the challenger 2 and lep 2 and abrams.
December 8th, 2005  
Doppleganger
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadet Seaman
It seems to be the new Janapese Type-90. It looks like a copy of the Leo 2A4 to me.

Now the question is, is this modular armor strong enough to stop a Sabot or HEAT round for that matter. IMO this seems to be quite light and fast, but facing other tanks would be a problem. The M1A1/A2, Challenger 2, and Leopard 2 all have heavy, thick, composite armors that are very good at their jobs, if one where to face this one, it looks as if a round would go right though.

The Chally 2 and M1A2 both use Chobham as armor which stops pretty much anything. The Leo 2 uses resins and lighter metals which do fairly well.

The 120mm is quite nice, it also seems to have a copy of the American M2HB .50cal.

It seems to be almost equal to any western tank.

But it can't be fully judge until it has seen combat.
I'm pretty sure this tank will have advanced armour and be a top quality tank. It's the Japanese we're talking about here. Look how they build their cars and electronic goods. Only the Germans can really match them for engineering excellence IMO.
December 8th, 2005  
FO Seaman
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wham-size
well the challenger 2 has the newest armour of any of the three stated tanks it has chobham mk2 were the abrams us mk1 with a little update in it.
that challenger 2 has in many way the best anti tank gun on th market it rifled before some goes that rifled not good there wroung as you can fire hesh round were you can't fire from smooth bore everone going smoothbore cos the US made there stand cos they don't see the militry use of hesh round.
but then some go you can't fire heat round from a rifled gun cos the spin make it lose pentention of the metal jet. but you can as yyou can put bering on the round to stop spin and you can use all type of round.
but i think module armour is ok for quick reponse unit like the the us marines and the royal green jacket to use to puta foot hold for a bigger force
but new tank have a lot to life up to in the challenger 2 and lep 2 and abrams.
Little update? You mean DU. And please try to use grammer and spelling correctly.
December 8th, 2005  
sandy
 
and , cost of a this tank is about 6million dollars,because of using many civil goods.
Really?
December 8th, 2005  
FO Seaman
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy
and , cost of a this tank is about 6million dollars,because of using many civil goods.
Really?
You mean the Type-90 cost 6 million? The M1A2 SEP cost about 4 million apiece, the M1A1HC-D cost about 2 million apiece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger
I'm pretty sure this tank will have advanced armour and be a top quality tank. It's the Japanese we're talking about here. Look how they build their cars and electronic goods. Only the Germans can really match them for engineering excellence IMO.

I was talking with my father last night, and he gave me the low down on the Type-90. Most of it design and layout are copies of the Leo 2 and M1A1 because we gave them the plans, thats why they use the M256 120mm and M2HB.

Also if you look at the turret it's almost exactly like the Leo 2 and the engine deck is like the M1A1's.
December 8th, 2005  
sandy
 
Quote:
I was talking with my father last night, and he gave me the low down on the Type-90. Most of it design and layout are copies of the Leo 2 and M1A1 because we gave them the plans, thats why they use the M256 120mm and M2HB.
well well it is Famous story,but look.
this is the Proto type-90




Is this copy of leo2&m1?
The end of twist and turn
It became such shape.