New Standard Combat Uniform for the CF

AFSteliga

Token Canadian Moder'eh'tor
As of July 2004, the CADPAT design used by the Army for several years will be the official Combat dress for all components of the Canadian Forces.

Previously, Air Force and Navy personnelle wore the Olive drab combats as their standard field dress, but those uniforms have been completely phased out by the CF.

Even new recuits and Officer Cadets, who were given the Olive drab, are now given CADPAT's to wear as the standard Combat Dress.

I know that this info has been out for a while, but I'm just curious as to what other people (Canadian or otherwise) have to say about the uniform change.

the cad pat is cool but my platoon oficer at vernon told me they made u to warm in the heat and wasent there a problem with the first generation cadpat with it fadeing?

Well...I've been wearing them here at CMR for about a month now, and as long as you roll the sleeves up, you don't feel much as far as heat goes.

When it comes to fading...yeah, the 1st Gen. CADPAT's do fade a lot, but the new ones that the AF and Navy get seem to be doing pretty good.

Oh yeah....Gunner. Do you mean the GORE-TEX boots?

Hmm....yeah, I think those would be the GORE-TEX (or GOR-TEX, I'm not sure on how it's spelled) boots. They're not exactly the prettiest things that I've seen, but they are comfy as hell. Mind you...after wearing normal combat boots for over a month straight, ANYTHING feels comfy.

Back