New server feedback

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
Moved everything to the new server now, and everything seems to be working again.

Please report in here if you find any errors, or if you notice any other issues (speed etc.) with the site/forum.

We've got a much much better server now, so we'll hopefully not run into any more speed issues on this one.

For the "techy" crowd of you we're now on a dedicated 2xPentium 4 2,8GHZ server with 2x80gig harddrives, so we should have plenty of processor power and storage space now.. :)

The next project will be to "upgrade" the forum to vBulletin..
http://www.vbulletin.com/

It's a much better and secure forum script, and it also has a lot more features both for the users and moderators/admins.
We'll hopefully be able to have Milbucks, PX, Arcade etc. there as well. :D

I've found error now, the Thumbs-up emoticon is missing in your post.. :)

I'll see if I can find it and upload it again now.

Edit: working again.. :thumb:

the images of grenades, exploding grenades, the lock, etc, arent showing up. im getting the dreaded box with x in top left corner.

I can see them...

Try to right click on the X and select "view image" (or something like that)..
It should be working, the images are on the server.

still some problems with the marks (grenades exploded not showing up) next to each section showing if there is new posts or not.

Do you see the images in this post?

folder_big.gif

folder.gif

folder_new_big.gif

folder_new.gif

If you do see them then they should be visible in the rest of the forum as well...

Try to follow the advice in my previous post.
I had to do that myself the first time I entered the forum, but everything is showing up now..

Some of the newer Avatars are gone by the way, but I'll move them over frmo the old server soon..

Did you try to right-click on the red X and choose "view/show image"??
(I think it says that in english..)

I think I've found out what may have been causing it now..

The two images had the extension .GIF but the template was looking for .gif (small letters)..

Hope it works better now.

Good.. :)

Avatar uploading still doesn't work 100%, but I'll try to fix that tonight.

Back